Secret Maryo Chronicles
|Secret Maryo Chronicles|
Secret Maryo Chronicles 1.5
|Engine||Internal Engine/Simple DirectMedia Layer/CEGUI|
|Release date(s)||January 23, 2003|
Secret Maryo Chronicles is a free, open source two-dimensional platform game. It was developed and is maintained by the Secret Maryo Chronicles development team, led by Florian Richter ("FluXy").
Secret Maryo Chronicles has been described as a Super Mario Bros. clone by PCtipp. It began as a SourceForge project in January 2003 and has been expanded up the latest release in 2009. The game is OpenGL-based and has an original soundtrack and a built-in game editor. It has been released under the GNU General Public License, Version 3.
Secret Maryo Chronicles was listed as the number one open source video game by APC in January 2008. Stern praised the speed of the game and its puzzle solving. The game was named one of the most promising open source games of 2008 by El Heraldo and praised as a well-made non-violent game for children by heute.
- Sbarski, Peter (January 21, 2008). "Top 5 best (free) open source games". APC. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles - The Creators". Official website. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles" (in German). PCtipp. May 11, 2009. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles - History". Official website. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles - Disclaimer". Official website. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- Scheibe, Carsten (May 14, 2008). "Maryo macht auch Spaß" [Maryo is fun, too] (in German). Stern. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Los juegos Open Source más prometedores del 2008" [The most promising Open Source games of 2008] (in Spanish). El Heraldo. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- Przikling, Georg H. (December 20, 2009). "Das Christkind muss warten" [Christkind has to wait] (in German). ZDF. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Secret Maryo Chronicles.|
|This article about a video game released for personal computers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|