Secret Maryo Chronicles
|Secret Maryo Chronicles|
|Platform(s)||AmigaOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Pandora|
|Release||January 23, 2003|
Secret Maryo Chronicles began as a SourceForge project in January 2003. It was developed and is maintained by the Secret Maryo Chronicles development team, led by Florian Richter ("FluXy"). The game is OpenGL-based and has an original soundtrack and a built-in game editor. It has been released under the GNU General Public License, Version 3. The game has been expanded up the latest release in 2009. A continuation called The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. (TSC) is as of April 2017 under continued development.
Secret Maryo Chronicles was listed as the number one open source video game by APC in January 2008. The game was named one of the most promising open source games of 2008 by El Heraldo. In 2008, Stern praised the speed of the game and its puzzle solving, and heute praised SMC as a well-made non-violent game for children. SMC was selected in March 2009 as "HotPick" by Linux Format. An in-detail review of the Free Software Magazine in 2015 called the game a "great way to procrastinate".
- Sbarski, Peter (January 21, 2008). "Top 5 best (free) open source games". APC. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles" (in German). PCtipp. May 11, 2009. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles - History". Official website. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles - The Creators". Official website. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Secret Maryo Chronicles - Disclaimer". Official website. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M."
- "Los juegos Open Source más prometedores del 2008" [The most promising Open Source games of 2008] (in Spanish). El Heraldo. Retrieved February 8, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Scheibe, Carsten (May 14, 2008). "Maryo macht auch Spaß" [Maryo is fun, too]. Stern (in German). Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- Przikling, Georg H. (December 20, 2009). "Das Christkind muss warten" [Christkind has to wait] (in German). ZDF. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- Linux Format 116 March 2009 page 77
- Secret Maryo Chronicles: a wonderful GNU/Linux game by Tony Mobily in Free software magazine (2015-06-11)
- stats 2000-05-15+to+2017-05-21 on sourceforge.net (May 2017)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Secret Maryo Chronicles.|