Secretariat of Social Development (Mexico)
The Secretariat of Social Development (Spanish: Secretaría de Desarrollo Social; SEDESOL) is the government department in charge of social development efforts in Mexico. The Secretary of Social Development is a member of the Executive Cabinet, and is appointed at the discretion of the President of the Republic. SEDESOL aims to eliminate poverty through comprehensive, collectively responsible human development, achieve adequate levels of well-being with adjustment to government policies, and improvement through social, economic and political factors in rural and urban areas to enhance local organization, city development and housing.
According to the Organic Law of the Federal Public Administration, the direction and contribution of ideas for the fight against poverty, as well as the coordination of the different agencies to work in the same line of interest of the State, corresponds.
Through the coordination of the other agencies of the public administration will seek the development of housing construction plans for the improvement of the quality of life of citizens.
In this task, it receives support from the Oportunidades program, the National Housing Development Commission (CONAFOVI) and the National Institute of Social Development (INDESOL); Including the Commission for the Regularization of Land Tenure (CORETT), the National Fund for Popular Housing (FONHAPO), the National Fund for the Promotion of Handicrafts (FONART), and other state institutions.
According to article 39 of the Official Gazette of the Federation (Effective April 2, 2014) and the General Law of Social Development, SEDESOL will be the agency responsible for regulating the Fund for Contributions to Social Infrastructure by its initials FAIS, According to Branch 33 of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP), which includes as a budgetary mechanism created to distribute federal resources to states and municipalities, seeking to address the needs in terms of:
- Basic infrastructure
- Financial Strengthening and Public Safety
- Food and social assistance programs
- Educational infrastructure, giving attention to the demands of the government
List of Secretaries of Social Development
- (1959 - 1964): Javier Barros Sierra
- (1964 - 1970): Gilberto Valenzuela
- (1970 - 1976): Luis Enrique Bracamontes
- (1976 - 1982): Pedro Ramírez Vázquez
- (1982 - 1985): Marcelo Javelly Girard
- (1985 - 1986): Guillermo Carrillo Arena
- (1986 - 1988): Manuel Camacho Solís
- (1988): Gabino Fraga
- (1988 - 1992): Patricio Chirinos Calero
- (1992 - 1993): Luis Donaldo Colosio
- (1993 - 1998): Carlos Rojas Gutiérrez
- (1998 - 1999): Esteban Moctezuma
- (1999 - 2000): Carlos Jarque
- (2000 - 2006): Josefina Vázquez Mota
- (2006): Ana Teresa Aranda
- (2006 - 2008): Beatriz Zavala Peniche
- (2008): Ernesto Javier Cordero Arroyo
- (2009-2012): Heriberto Felix Guerra
- (2012–2015): Rosario Robles
- (2015–2016): José Antonio Meade Kuribreña
- (2016-2017): Luis Enrique Miranda
- (2018) :Eviel Perez Magaña
- (2018- present) :Maria Luisa Albores
- Reynoso, Sara. "Find out about Sedesol". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
Reynoso, Sara. "Find out about Sedesol". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
|This Mexican government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|