Secretariat Building, Chandigarh
|Secretariat Building, Chandigarh|
|Design and construction|
|Official name||The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier, an Outstanding Contribution to the Modern Movement|
|Designated||July 17, 2016|
Secretariat Building is a Le Corbusier-designed government building built in 1953, located inside the Chandigarh Capitol Complex which comprises three buildings and three monuments: the Secretariat building, Legislative Assembly building and High Court building, Open Hand Monument, Geometric Hill and Tower of Shadows.
- "Le Corbusier's Capitol Complex a mess,in dire need of facelift". 10 March 2011.
- capitol complex is now UNESCO heritage site
- "Capitol Complex,as le Corbusier wanted it,remains incomplete". 19 June 2010.
- "City News, Indian City Headlines, Latest City News, Metro City News".
- "The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier". UNESCO World Heritage Centre. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- Tile: UNESCO approves all 3 Indian nominations for heritage tag, Publisher: India Today news, Published on: 18 July 2016, Accessed on: 18 July 2016
- "Four sites inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List". whc.unesco.org. UNESCO World Heritage Centre. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
Media related to Secretariat Building (Chandigarh) at Wikimedia Commons