Secretariat of Economy
|Secretaría de Economía|
|Jurisdiction||Federal government of Mexico|
|Headquarters||Av. Insurgentes Sur 1940, Florida, 01030 Mexico City Mexico|
In Mexico, the Secretariat of Economy (Spanish: Secretaría de Economía; abbreviated "SE") is the government department in charge of matters related to the economy. The Secretary of Economy is a member of the federal executive cabinet appointed by the President of the Republic.
Until 2000 the name of the Secretariat of Economy was the Secretariat for Commerce and Industry (Secofi) but that name was changed when Vicente Fox acceded to the Presidency.
Secretaries of Economy
- Bruno Ferrari García de Alba, until November 30, 2012.
- Idelfonso Guajardo, December 1, 2012-December 31, 2017.
- Graciela Márquez Colín, January 1, 2018-January 4, 2020.
- Tatiana Clouthier, starting January 5, 2021.
- "Conoce el Gabinete de Enrique Peña Nieto". Sopitas.com (in Spanish). 30 November 2012. Retrieved September 1, 2020.
- "Asume Tatiana Clouthier en la Secretaría de Economía". jornada.com.mx (in Spanish). La Jornada. January 5, 2021. Retrieved January 5, 2021.