Secretariat of the Pan-African Parliament
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
the African Union
In order to allow the Pan-African Parliament's functions to be carried out more smoothly and in a more streamlined fashion, it is assisted by a Secretariat.
The Secretariat is composed of:
- A Clerk, currently Yusupha Jobe.
- Two Deputy Clerks, currently Gali Massa Harou (Legislative Business) and Charlotte Marck (Finance, Administration and International Relations).
As head of the Secretariat, the Clerk is tasked with and has responsibility for the following duties:
- Organise the elections of the President and Vice-Presidents.
- Take minutes of all the proceedings of Parliament and the Permanent Committees.
- Authenticate the votes and proceedings of each sitting by signature.
- Is responsible to Parliament for accounting issues.
- Supervises the staff of the Secretariat.
- Manage the day to day administrative affairs of Parliament.
- "Secretariat". www.panafricanparliament.org. Retrieved 2019-04-28.