Secretary of Justice (Micronesia)
The Department of Justice of Micronesia (Attorney General's Office) provides legal advice to the President, Executive Branch, and national government. It represents the national government in court, administrative hearings, and legal negotiations.
In addition, the department has four divisions that oversee the nation's welfare and security. Under the Office of the Secretary, the Divisions of Litigation and Law undertake prosecutions, legislative drafting and reviews, and promulgation of regulations. The remaining divisions enforce the laws of the nation and its security.
List of secretaries (1998-present)
- Emilio Musrasrik (1998-2003)
- Paul E. McIlrath (2003-2005)
- Marstella Jack (2005-2007) [1st female]
- Maketo Robert (2008-2012)
- April Dawn Skilling (2012-2015)
- Joses R. Gallen (2015–present)
- "MICRONESIA 2016 HUMAN RIGHTS REPORT" (PDF). United States Department of State • Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor.
- "Department of Justice". fsmpio.fm. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Chiefs of State and Cabinet members of foreign governments / National Foreign Assessment Center. Jan-Mar 1998". HathiTrust. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Chiefs of State and Cabinet members of foreign governments / National Foreign Assessment Center. Jan-Apr 1999". HathiTrust. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". www.cia.gov. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Federated States of Micronesia appoints its first woman attorney general". Radio New Zealand. 2005-06-03. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Micronesia – WORLDWIDE GUIDE TO WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP". guide2womenleaders.com. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Mrs. April Dawn Skilling sworn in as FSM Secretary of Justice". www.fsmpio.fm. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "FSM Department of Justice Responds to Tadasy Wainit". The Fourth Branch. Retrieved 2018-07-13.