Secretary of State of Montana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The current Secretary of State is Corey Stapleton.
The Secretary of State's Office is composed of five divisions:
- The Administrative Rules Services Division is the administrative law arm of the Secretary's office, filing rule notices, rule adoptions, and interpretations, and publishing the state register twice a month. The state's code of regulations, the Administrative Rules of Montana, is updated quarterly.
- The Business Services Division registers business entities, trademarks, assumed business names, and liens made under the Uniform Commercial Code and Federal Food Security Act.
- The Certification and Notaries Division licenses and trains notaries public and certifies documents.
- The Elections and Government Services division administers elections and voter registration. Campaign finance and lobbying is regulated by a separate agency, the Commissioner of Political Practices.
- The Records Management Bureau maintains the records of state and local governments.
- About the Montana Secretary of State
- Fraser, Jayme (2017-01-04). "Montana fails to retain decades of emails despite open government law". Missoulian. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
|This Montana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|