Secrets of Haunted House
|Secrets of Haunted House|
Secrets of Haunted House #1 (April–May 1975). Art by Luis Dominguez.
|Publication date||(#1-14) April–May 1975–October–November 1978
(#15-46) August 1979–March 1982
|Number of issues||46|
|Main character(s)||Cain, Abel, Eve, Destiny, Lucien|
The series began in April–May 1975. Like its predecessor Secrets of Sinister House, Secrets of Haunted House was originally "hosted" by Cain, Abel, Eve, and Destiny who had moved over from Weird Mystery Tales. By issue #10 (Feb.–March 1978), Destiny was the only one of these who remained a regular. In issue #40 (Sept. 1981), Abel returned with no further mention of Destiny.
A Secrets of Haunted House Special was published in Spring 1978 as part of the DC Special Series umbrella title. Secrets of Haunted House was a temporary victim of the "DC Implosion." With issue #14 (Oct.–Nov. 1978), it was cancelled but revived a year later with issue #15 (Aug. 1979). The title continued until issue #46 (March 1982).
The series' letter column was titled "The Haunted Mailbox."
- The Steve Ditko Omnibus Volume 1 includes stories from Secrets of Haunted House #9, 12, 41, and 45, 480 pages, September 2011, ISBN 1-4012-3111-X
- Secrets of Haunted House at the Grand Comics Database
- DC Special Series #12 at the Grand Comics Database
- Manning, Matthew K.; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "1980s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley. p. 189. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9.
In the last feature of its thirty-first issue, a story by writer Bob Rozakis and artist Dan Spiegle, a new monster hunter named Mister E was introduced.
- Rozakis, Bob (w), Spiegle, Dan (p), Spiegle, Dan (i). "The Twice-Cursed Man" Secrets of Haunted House 31 (December 1980)
- Secrets of Haunted House at the Comic Book DB
- Secrets of Haunted House at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
- McGurk, Caitlin (October 26, 2012). "Found in the Collection: The Secrets of Haunted House". Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University. Archived from the original on November 13, 2013.