Secrets of the Super Psychics
Secrets of the Super Psychics was a Channel 4 documentary special in the UK, first shown in the Equinox strand in 1997, later reformatted as a shorter The Learning Channel episode in 1998: "Viewers eager to know more about the differences between science and claptrap should tune in".
a programme which showed two things very clearly. First that there are - and have always been - some extremely clever and ruthless illusionists out there. And - second - that there is an exceptional desire to believe that what these hoaxers tell us is actually true.
In 1998 the Broadcasting Standards Commission in the United Kingdom rejected a complaint made by Uri Geller, saying that it "wasn't unfair to have magicians showing how they duplicate those 'psychic feats'." The full text of the BSC adjudication is available on the internet at the Open Media website.
- 'The Toronto Star, 27 January 1998
- The Times, 25 August 1997
- The Independent on Sunday, 27 August 1997
-  The Spectator, 30 August 1997
- "U.K. broadcast commission rejects Geller's 'Secrets of the Psychics' complaint" , Skeptical Inquirer, Nov-Dec 1998, Susan Blackmore
- Broadcasting Standards Commission, Open Media