Sector 16 Stadium
|Owner||Chandigarh Cricket Association|
|Operator||Chandigarh Cricket Association|
|Tenants||CCL Punjab De Sher|
Punjab cricket Team
|First Test||23 November, 1990:|
India v Sri Lanka
|First ODI||27 January 1985:|
India v England
|Last ODI||8 October 2007:|
India v Australia
|As of 2 March 2013|
Source: Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Cricinfo
It has hosted only four matches. The likes of Kapil Dev, Chetan Sharma and Yograj Singh started playing cricket at the Sector 16 Stadium. It fell out of favour to the nearby Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, (Mohali) cricket ground.
After the stadium in Mohali was built, there was no first-class cricket at the Sector 16 Stadium for 10 years before Haryana ended the barren spell by playing the Ranji Trophy Plate League semi-final in 2004/05. But after 14 years, India and Australia played a match in October 2007.
Batting In ODIs
- Most runs - Navjot Sidhu (India) - 180 runs in two matches, Geoff Marsh- 126 runs and Mathew Hayden- 92 runs.
- Highest score in an innings - Geoff Marsh (Australia) - 126*
- Highest team score- India vs Australia- 291/4 on 8 Oct 2007.
Bowling in ODIs
- Most wickets - Kapil Dev (India) - 4 wickets in three matches, T Sekhar- 3 wickets and V Raju- 3 wickets
- Best bowling in an innings - Thirumalai Sekhar (India) - 3 wickets for 23 runs
Batting in Test
- Most runs - Ravi Shastri (India) - 88 Runs in one match
- Highest score in an innings - Ravi Shastri (India) - 88
- Highest team score- India vs Sri Lanka- 288 on 23 Nov 1990.
Bowling in Test
- Most wickets - Venkatapathy Raju (India) - 8 wickets in one match
- Best bowling in an innings - Venkatapathy Raju (India) - 6 wickets for 12 runs
- List of Test cricket grounds
- One-Test wonder
- Punjab Cricket Association Stadium
- Mullanpur International Cricket Stadium
|This article related to a location in the Indian union territory of Chandigarh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cricket ground in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|