This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anti-abortion activism in the UNited States is predominantly associated with the religious right. Within the United States, 72% of the religiously unaffiliated say that "abortion should be legal in most or all cases" compared to 53% of the general public. Among atheists and agnostics, 84% say abortion should be legal in most or all cases. While 75% of white evangelical Protestants say that having an abortion is morally wrong, 25% of religiously unaffiliated people say so. The Oxford Handbook of Religion and American Politics notes that 22% of nonreligious unaffiliated Americans describe themselves as "pro-life on abortion" while just 12% of atheists and agnostics do.
In February 2014, President of Secular Pro-Life Kelsey Hazzard gave a talk at the University of Georgia entitled "Pro-Life Without God". In the run up to the event, SPL posters were repeatedly torn down in an attempt to thwart Hazzard's presentation.
- "History". secularprolife.org. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Fouriezos, Nicholas (6 February 2014). "Pro-life speaker gives secular position on abortion". The Red and Black. University of Georgia. Archived from the original on 17 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Saussy, George (21 October 2013). "Yale hosts first pro-life conference". Yale Daily News. Archived from the original on 17 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Nones on the rise - Social and Political Views of the Unaffiliated". Pew Research Center. 9 Oct 2012.
- "5 facts about abortion". Pew Research Center FactTank. 21 Jan 2015.
- Corwin Smidt; Lyman Kellstedt; James Guth (10 September 2009). The Oxford Handbook of Religion and American Politics. Oxford Handbooks Online. ISBN 978-0-19-532652-9.
- Fain, Leslie (24 January 2013). "Atheist, Secular, and Pro-Life". Catholic World Report. Archived from the original on 18 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.