Secunderabad Mumbai Duronto Express
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Service type||Superfast, Duronto Express|
|First service||23 February 2011|
|Current operator(s)||South Central Railways|
|Stops||7 (2 passenger stops, 5 technical stops)|
|End||Lokmanya Tilak Terminus|
|Distance travelled||773 km (480 mi)|
|Average journey time||12 hours|
|Service frequency||2 days a week. 12220 Secunderabad Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Duronto Express – Tuesday & Friday. 12219 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Secunderabad Duronto Express – Wednesday & Saturday.|
|Train number(s)||12220 Up , 12219 Down|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier|
|Catering facilities||Pantry Car Coach attached|
|Observation facilities||LHB Coaches|
|Rolling stock||Standard Indian Railway Duronto coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||160 km/h (99 mph) maximum
,112.42 km/h (70 mph), including halts
The service is operated by South Central Railway zone of Indian Railways and connects the Indian states of Telangana & Maharashtra using train numbers 12220(Secunderabad - Mumbai (LTT)) and 12219(Mumbai (LTT) - Secunderabad) respectively
The 12220 / 19 Secunderabad - Mumbai (LTT) Duronto Express covers the distance of 773 kilometres in 12 hours (64.42 km/hr) in both directions and its fare thus includes an additional superfast surcharge for the service as it is quite above the average speed of an express train which is 55 km/h (34 mph) as per Indian Railway rules.
The train offers only air-conditioned coaches. Its length generally comprises 1 AC 1st-class coach, 3 AC 2-tier coaches and 9 AC 3-tier coaches for passengers, generator coaches on either ends for powering the AC and a Pantry car for catering services
As is customary with most train services in India, coach composition may be amended at the discretion of Indian Railways depending on demand.
Routeing & Halts
Being a Duronto Express train, it has no commercial halts between its terminal stops.
However the 12220 Secunderabad Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Duronto Express runs from Secunderabad Junction with technical halts at Wadi Junction, Solapur Junction, Pune Junction, Lonavala and Khandala to Lokmanya Tilak Terminus.
Electrification and doubling is currently in progress between Daund and Wadi junction. Once completed, it will be hauled electric locomotive.
- On 4 May 2014, the 12220 Secunderabad Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Duronto Express collided with a tractor trailer near Pune killing 3 persons & seriously wounding 8.
- On 12 September 2015, 12220 Secunderabad Mumbai Duronto Express Express derailed at Martur station between Shahbad and Gulbarga on Solapur Division in Karnataka at around 2:15 am. Two passengers were killed and more than 30 injured when eight of its coaches were derailed.
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
- Secunderabad Visakhapatnam Duronto Express
- Secunderabad New Delhi Duronto Express
- Secunderabad railway station
- "New Bi-weekly Duranto Express to Mumbai from Feb 22". Retrieved 2014-08-01.
- "3 killed, 8 hurt as Duronto hits tractor near Pune". DNA India. 4 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-01.