This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||October 4, 1995|
8.3.2 / February 8, 2018
|Platform||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix|
|Website||VanDyke Software, Inc.|
SecureCRT is a GUI-based telnet client and terminal emulator which started out life as CRT, which was released in the autumn of 1995. Originally released as a premium version of CRT with support for SSH encryption, SecureCRT later replaced the CRT product entirely. These programs are part of a line of networking software which includes SecureFX, a file transfer client with SSL capability which replaced their earlier AbsoluteFTP product and VShell, which is a SSH server. SecureCRT and SecureFX can be started from within each other and use a combined host information list. A separately-sold pack of command-line tools (e.g., scp, modeled after the Unix command of the same name) for use with VShell is also sold by the company. All of the above are commercialware.
- Graphical user interface with tab support and configurable sessions
- Extensive protocol support (SSH1, SSH2, Telnet, Telnet over SSL, Rlogin, Serial, TAPI)
- Support for a large number of ciphers: AES-128, AES-192, AES-256, AES-128-CTR, AES-192-CTR, AES-256-CTR, Twofish, Blowfish, 3DES, and RC4
- Advanced SSH features including public key assistant, X.509, smart card and GSSAPI support, X11 forwarding, tunneling of other protocols,
- Advanced terminal emulation capabilities (VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, SCO ANSI, Wyse 50/60, Xterm, and Linux terminals) with full Unicode support
- 128,000-line scrollback and unlimited logging capabilities
- WSH Scripting support, meaning it can be programmed in VBScript, JScript, PerlScript, ooRexxScript, PythonScript, TclScript, PHPScript, variants of Delphi, Rexx, Basic, and any other available WSH scripting engines.
- File transfers available via SecureFX integration
- FIPS compliance
SecureCRT runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8. It also runs on the Windows Server series of operating systems. For Windows Vista and later, a 64-bit version is available for download.
Trial and usage
A free trial of SecureCRT is available. Registration is required; the trial version will stop working after 30 days.
- "SecureCRT for Mac OS X". Vandyke.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Press Release: SecureCRT 6.7". Vandyke.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Company Background". Vandyke.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Google Groups". Groups.google.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "VanDyke Software - FIPS Informationm". Vandyke.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-11-07. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Download - SecureCRT Telnet and SSH client for Windows, Mac, and Linuxm". Vandyke.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- "VanDyke launches Mac beta of SecureCRT remote access app - (Aug 04) - MacNN". Macnn.com. Retrieved 2017-06-13.