Security Bureau (Hong Kong)
Emblem of the Hong Kong SAR
|Headquarters||10th Floor, East Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong|
|Parent agency||Chief Secretary for Administration|
|Yale Romanization||Bóu ngōn guhk|
|Jyutping||Bou2 ngon1 guk6|
The Security Bureau (Chinese: 保安局) is a body of the Government of Hong Kong responsible for a range of activities, including law enforcement, search and rescue and administer various laws in relation to the security of Hong Kong.
The bureau is headed by the Secretary for Security.
Before 1997, it was named the Security Branch. Before 1973 it was known as the Defence Branch.
The following public entities are controlled by the bureau:
- Hong Kong Police Force
- Hong Kong Fire Services Department
- Correctional Services Department
- Customs and Excise Department
- Immigration Department
- Government Flying Service
- Civil Aid Service
- Auxiliary Medical Services
- "Name List of Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Government Departments". Retrieved 11 November 2012.
|This Hong Kong Government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|