Jump to navigation Jump to search
Types of Security Appliances
- Active devices block unwanted traffic. Examples of such devices are firewalls, anti virus scanning devices, and content filtering devices.
- Passive devices detect and report on unwanted traffic, such as intrusion detection appliances.
- Preventative devices scan networks and identify potential security problems (such as penetration testing and vulnerability assessment appliances).
- Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances combine features together into one system, such as some firewalls, content filtering, web caching etc.
- Some of the appliances might cause a threat on network security but provide some level of security to some specific field so the company heir penetration tester...
- Parker, Don (Oct 6, 2005), "Standardization and the security appliance", WindowsSecurity.com