Prof. Dr. Sedat Laçiner (born 1972, Kırıkkale, Turkey) is a Turkish academic specialist on the Middle East and International Relations, with particular reference to Turkish foreign policy and rector of the Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart UniversityHe has been (COMU).
Laçiner studied at Ankara University, as well as the University of Sheffield, where he was awarded an MA in International Politics (with distinction), and King's College London, where he gained his PhD. 
Since 2001, he has been teaching International Relations and International Security at the Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University and the National Police Academy Security Studies Institute, Ankara. Prof. Laçiner was appointed president of the Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University in 2011 and became the youngest rector in Turkey. 
He is editor of the "Journal of Administrative Studies" and the "Review of International Law and Politics", as well as being a regular contributor to TRT and other Turkish TV and radio broadcasts. He is also Chairman of the Journal of Turkish Weekly, a regular columnist of the Turkish daily national newspaper Star and the General Coordinator of the Ankara-based Turkish think tank International Strategic Research Organization (ISRO) 
He is currently Professor of International Relations and adviser to Turkish Higher Education Council Presidency (YÖK).
He is the author/co-author or editor of numerous books and articles, including "Iraq Global War and Turkey", "The Iraq Crisis", "Turks and Armenians", "The World and Turkey", "European Union with Turkey, Turkey's Membership's Impact on the EU", "The Armenian Diaspora" and "Britain from a Different Perspective". He has written many articles that reject the Armenian genocide claims, which he has termed a "so called genocide". 
He was arrested in July 2016 after the attempted coup in Turkey, and he reports that the state's attorney has asked for life imprisonment.
- Financing The PKK Terrorism and Drug Trafficking, 2016
- Turkish - Polish Relations: Past, Present and Future, 2015
- European Union with Turkey — 2005
- Turkey And The World: a complete English bibliography of Turkey and Turks — 2001
- From Kemalism to Ozalism the ideological evolution of Turkish foreign policy — 2001
- "Sedat Laçiner: youngest Turkish global leader". We are the Turks. 2006-01-11. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "Main forces in agreement to solve Kurdish issue". Today's Zaman. 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2009-08-19.[dead link]
- "Obama mesmerizes Turks with pledges, but experts caution on delivery". Today's Zaman. 2009-04-08. Archived from the original on April 11, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "Who Was Behind the Turkish Blasts?". Time. 2008-07-29. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "87-year old allegations on cinema screen". Institute for Armenian Research. 2006-05-09. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- O'Malley, Brendan (6 April 2017). "State attorney seeks life sentence for leading scholar". University World News (454). Retrieved 9 April 2017.