|Successor||Marsh & McLennan|
|Sax Riley, (Chairman)
Rob White-Cooper (CEO)
Sedgwick Group plc was a very large British insurance broker. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange and was a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. However it was acquired by Marsh & McLennan in 1998.
The Company was founded by Henry Beaufoy Leonard Sedgwick late in the 19th century as an insurance broker under the name Sedgwick, Collins & Co. In 1972 it merged with Price Forbes to form Sedgwick Forbes.
- The Attfield Family of Bath Page 5
- Spreading the risks - the Emergence of brokers
- Obituary: Ian Findlay The Telegraph, 8 January 2002
- Marsh & McLennan to Buy Big British Insurance Broker New York Times, 26 August 1998
- Bernard Ross Collins The History of Sedwick, Collins & Co., Published 1969
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|