See You Yesterday
|See You Yesterday|
|Directed by||Stefon Bristol|
|Produced by||Spike Lee|
|Music by||Michael Abels|
|Cinematography||Felipe Vara de Rey|
|Edited by||Jennifer Lee|
See You Yesterday is a 2019 American science fiction film directed by Stefon Bristol and written by Bristol and Fredrica Bailey. It stars Eden Duncan-Smith, Dante Crichlow and Astro. It was released on May 17, 2019, by Netflix.
The film follows the story of an ambitious science prodigy, who uses her prowess and capabilities to create time machines, in order to save her brother from an incident that claimed his life. As she tries to alter the events of the past, she will eventually face the perilous consequences of time travel.
- Eden Duncan-Smith as C.J. Walker
- Danté Crichlow as Sebastian Thomas, C.J.'s best friend
- Brian "Stro" Bradley as Calvin Walker, C.J.'s older brother
- Marsha Stephanie Blake as Phaedra, C.J. and Calvin's mother.
- Johnathan Nieves as Eduardo, Sebastian's friend.
- Michael J. Fox as Mr. Lockhart, C.J. and Sebastian's science teacher
- Myra Lucretia Taylor as Gloria, Sebastian's grandmother
- Wavyy Jonez as Dennis, Calvin's friend
- Rayshawn Richardson as Jared, C.J.'s ex-boyfriend
- Khail Bryant as Tiffany
- Ejyp Johnson as Rosco
- Barrington Walters, Jr. as Keith
- Muhammad Cunningham as Malik
- Carlos Arce as Carlito
- Rony Clanton as Sly
- Yvette Mercedes as Rosie
- Courtney Noel as Kingsley
- Manny Ureña as Officer Perez
- Brett Smith as Officer Bryce
The film has received favorable reviews from critics. On the review aggregator website, Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 93% based on 29 reviews, with a weighted average of 7.53/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "See You Yesterday marries a novel sci-fi premise with urgent social relevance and forges something excitedly new from the union—providing an impressive showcase for star Eden Duncan-Smith and debut writer-director Stefon Bristol." Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 75 out of 100 based on 5 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews."
- Tenor Saw: "Ring the Alarm"
- Olatunji Yearwood: "Oh Yay!"
- Buddy feat. Ty Dolla Sign: "Hey Up There"
- New Babylon: "Reggae Revolution!
- Dawn Penn: "You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)"
- "Netflix aka To Distribute Spike Lee-Produced Film 'See You Yesterday'". Deadline. 2018-12-12. Archived from the original on 2018-12-13. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- Desk, TV News. "Netflix to Release Spike Lee's SEE YOU YESTERDAY". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "Netflix to Release Spike Lee-Produced 'See You Yesterday' in 2019". TheWrap. 2018-12-12. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "See You Yesterday (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved May 23, 2019.
- "See You Yesterday Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Every Song On The See You Yesterday Soundtrack". ScreenRant. 2019-05-17. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- Davenport, Emily (June 8, 2018). "Local director to shoot feature film with Spike Lee in Queens and Brooklyn this summer". QNS. Retrieved May 11, 2019.