Seeb (music producers)
|Also known as|
Seeb (sometimes stylized as SEEB or SeeB) is a Norwegian EDM record production duo made up of Simen Eriksrud and Espen Berg. Their name is made up of the initials (first letter of given name and surname) of the original duo.
Before adopting the name Seeb, Eriksrud and Berg worked together as producers and songwriters for several Norwegian acts including Bertine Zetlitz, D'Sound and Donkeyboy, mostly under the name Simen & Espen. They also produced and co-wrote a track on Kiesza's breakthrough album Sound of a Woman.
2015–present: Breakthrough and debut EP
The duo's major international success was for their remix of the song "I Took a Pill in Ibiza" by American singer Mike Posner. The remixed single was released on July 24, 2015. It topped the charts in the Netherlands, Norway, Ireland and the United Kingdom, and peaked within the top ten of the charts in Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, and Posner's native United States.
Seeb released their debut single "Breathe" on March 11, 2016, featuring singer Neev. "What Do You Love", featuring Jacob Banks, was released on October 14, 2016. On March 3, 2017, they released "Under Your Skin", a collaboration with American duo Rock City and Chloe Angelides. Featuring Greg Holden, "Boys In The Street" was released on June 2, 2017. Also a collaboration with American pop rock band OneRepublic which was entitled "Rich Love", was released on July 14, 2017. "Cruel World", a collaboration with Skip Marley, was released on November 10, 2017. They collaborated also with Ocean Park Standoff on the single "Lost Boys (Ocean Park Standoff vs Seeb)", released on February 2, 2018.
On March 28, 2018, the trio announced the release of their debut EP Nice to Meet You, released on April 20, 2018. The lead single of their EP, titled "Drink About" and featuring Dagny, was released on April 6, 2018.
- Nice to Meet You (2018)
Awards and nominations
|2017||WDM Radio Awards||Best Remix||"I Took a Pill in Ibiza" by Mike Posner (SeeB Remix)||Won|||
|NRJ Music Awards Norway||Best Norwegian Artist/Group Abroad||SeeB||Won|||
|Best Norwegian Artist/Group||Nominated|
|Spellemann & Music Norway||Eksportprisen '16||Seeb||Nominated|||
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Norwegian Act||Seeb||Nominated|||
|2017 Remix Awards||Remix of the Year - Radio Airplay||"I Took a Pill in Ibiza" by Mike Posner (Seeb Remix)||Won|||
|Remix Producer of the Year||Seeb||Nominated|
|2018||Spellemann||Pop Group of the Year '17||Seeb||Won|||
- Lindberg, Cailey (12 February 2016). "Seeb gives "Moments" by Tove Lo a Tropical House Spin". Ear Milk. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "Ocean Park Standoff vs. Seeb - Lost Boys," weraveyou.com, February 2, 2018.
- "Debut EP release announcement". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Grip by Seeb & Bastille, retrieved 2018-12-06
- "Nominados a los WDM Radio Awards". LOS40. Archived from the original on 7 March 2017. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Her er vinnerne av NRJ Music Awards Norge". NRJ.no. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "Disse er nominert til Eksportprisen".
- "Breaking: The 2017 MTV EMA Nominations Are Here!". MTV. 4 September 2017.
- "Remix Awards: Top Music Makers Honored in Miami". DJtimes. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Disse har vunnet Spellemann-priser". Dagbladet.