Seeger Memorial Junior-Senior High School
|Seeger Memorial Junior-Senior High School|
|1222 South State Road 263
West Lebanon, Indiana, Warren County 47991
|School district||Metropolitan School District of Warren County|
|Teaching staff||39.64 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.33|
|Color(s)||Scarlet, Navy and White
|Athletics conference||Wabash River Conference|
|Feeder schools||Pine Village Elementary,
Warren Central Elementary,
Seeger Memorial Junior-Senior High School is the single high school serving Warren County, Indiana, and is located a mile and a half north of the town of West Lebanon. It is administered by the Metropolitan School District of Warren County in Williamsport.
Seeger High School was established in 1957 through a $250,000 donation from local grain dealer and broker Ura Seeger; classes began in the fall of 1959. The school's original mascot was the Indian, and its colors red and grey, but in 1973 the mascot was changed to the Patriot and the colors to red, white and blue.
The demographic breakdown of the 568 students enrolled in 2013-14 was:
- Male - 53.7%
- Female - 46.3%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 0.5%
- Black - 0.2%
- Hispanic - 0.7%
- White - 98.2%
- Multiracial - 0.4%
39.3% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls & boys)
- Cross country (girls & boys)
- Football (boys)
- State champion - 2004
- Golf (girls & boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Swimming (girls & boys)
- Tennis (girls & boys)
- Track (girls & boys)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Seeger Memorial Jr-sr HS". ed.gov. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- A History of Warren County, Indiana (175th Anniversary Edition). Williamsport, Indiana: Warren County Historical Society. 2002. ASIN B001IY2LHC.
- "2015-16 School Directory" (pdf). ihsaa.org. IHSAA. p. 104. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. Retrieved 28 February 2016.