Seekirchen am Wallersee
|Seekirchen am Wallersee|
|• Mayor||Monika Schwaiger (ÖVP)|
|• Total||50.27 km2 (19.41 sq mi)|
|Elevation||512 m (1,680 ft)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||210/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The territory was settled 5,000 years ago and is the oldest Austrian settlement that still exists today. Today it has more than 10,000 inhabitants (from that point its officially called a "city").
Seekirchen is part of the legal district Neumarkt bei Salzburg. It borders on the neighboring towns of Anthering, Elixhausen, Eugendorf, Hallwang, Henndorf am Wallersee, Köstendorf, Mattsee, Obertrum am See and Schleedorf.
The Austrian land register subdivides Seekirchen into districts, some of which are cadastral municipalities:
Sons and daughters
- Andreas Ibertsberger (born 1982), football player
- Thomas Winklhofer (born 1970), football player and UEFA Cup finalist
Connected to the town
- Robert Ibertsberger (born 1977 in Neumarkt), football player; grew up in Seekirchen
- Manfred Pamminger (born 1977 in Salzburg), footballer; grew up in Seekirchen
- Statistik Austria - Bevölkerung zu Jahresbeginn 2002-2016 nach Gemeinden (Gebietsstand 1.1.2016) for Seekirchen am Wallersee.
Media related to Seekirchen at Wikimedia Commons
|This Salzburg state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|