||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Guwahati, Assam, India
|Occupation||Theater & Film Actress|
|Known for||'Chak De! India (film)|
Seema Azmi (also known as 'Seema' ) is an Indian film and theater actress. She was born in Guwahati, Assam, India, with Azamgarh origin and brought-up in Delhi where she completed her schooling and her graduation from Delhi university. She joined National School of Drama Delhi  and completed her training in 2001 and was selected for the NSD Repertory Company the same year. She is currently an eminent Bollywood actor, theatre director and writer.
|2005||Water||Deepa Mehta||Bahu- Rani |
|2007||Chak De! India||Shimit Amin||Rani Dispotta|
|2008||Saas Bahu Aur Sensex||Shona Urvashi||Lata K. Kodialbal|
|2011||The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel||John Madden||Anokhi|
|2011||Aarakshan||Prakash Jha||Shambhu Yadav's Wife|
|2014||Sound of Silence: The Collision of Storms Within (Short)||Vipin Paraashar||The Girl|
|2015||Chitrafit 3.0 Megapixel||Divakar Ghodake||Shavla|
|2015||The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel||John Madden||Anokhi|
- Mohalla Assi - (under production)
- Ram Bhajan Zindabaad (under production)
- Bumper Draw (under production)
- Global Baba (under production)
- Six X (under production)
- Worked with eminent Theatre personalities like: John Russell Brown, Peter James, Robin Das, M. K. Raina, K. N. Pannikar, Prof. Ram Gopal Bajaj, Kirti Jain, Prof. D. R. Ankur, Waman Kendre, Sanjay Upadhyay, Hema Singh, Amal Allana, Robert Clare[disambiguation needed], Dr. Anuradha Kapoor, Mohan Maharishi, Bhanu Bharti, Rajendra Nath, Prasanna, Ranjit Kapoor, Piyush Mishra, Arvind Gaur, Shahid Anwar, Pt. Satyadev Dubey, Raghunandan[disambiguation needed], Tripurari Sharma, Mahesh Dattani, Lillete Dubey etc. 
- Wedding album a play Directed by Lillete Dubey, written by Girish Karnad, have performed almost 150 shows in India and abroad.
- Running her own theatre group ‘Shila Shringar’, the aim is to bring together artists in professional theatre, theatre activists and amateurs passionate about theater to create something meaningful, inspirational but entertaining as well
- Sara is a maiden venture of Shila Shringar. It’s a solo performance written by Shahid Anwar, directed by Mahesh Dattani and performed by Seema Azmi. Staged in various theater festivals
Azmi joined Asmita theatre group, Delhi in 1996. Her plays include Girish Karnad's Rakt Kalyan (Taledanda), Mahesh Dattani's Final Solutions, Ek Mamooli Aadmi, Swadesh Deepak's Court Martial, and Dario Fo's Accidental Death of an Anarchist.
- Dr. Ratan Bhattacharjee (2012-08-15). "Seema Azmi: An Actress with a Difference". Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- National School of Drama Alumni List For The Year 2001
- Dipanita Nath (2010-04-06). "To Sara, with Love". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- Prominent Actor's of Asmita theatre