Seetha Kalyanam (2009 film)
|Directed by||T. K. Rajeev Kumar|
The film was actually made in 2006, but was released only in 14 November 2009. It was Jyothika's second Malayalam Movie. It was later dubbed into Tamil with the same title but was not released. It was also the last released film of the late actor Oduvil Unnikrishnan, who acted in this film when he was suffering from various ailments, and died shortly after.
Sreeni (Jayaram), a simpleton has a high paying job in Bangalore. His mother, who is traditional to the core, is looking for the perfect match for him. Sreeni is a butt of the joke among his female colleagues and they tease him by pretending to flirt with him. The leader among them is Nimisha (Jyothika). Their relationship is purely platonic. Meanwhile, his mother succeeds in finding a traditional girl in Abhirami (Geethu Mohandas); brought up in an Aghraharam.
Later, Nimisha realizes all on a sudden one day, that she had been long in love with Sreeni. Abhi, on the other hand has her own personal battles to deal with, since she had always been in love with Ambi (Indrajith).
- Jayaram as Sreeni
- Jyothika as Nimisha
- Bheeman Raghu as Uslampetti Vasu
- Geethu Mohandas as Abhirami
- Siddique as Parameswaran
- Bindu Panicker as Madurammal
- Kalpana as Ramani
- Manorama as Sreeni's mother
- Indrajith Sukumaran as Ambi
- Janardhanan as Thiruvattar Thankavelu
- Jagadish as Thampi
- Sukumari as Abhirami's mother
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan as Nellayi Ramaswami
- Poojappura Ravi as the Priest
- Devi Ajith as Devi, Abhirami's elder sister
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|