Sefton Short Film Festival
This annual event ran for 2 days in October and exhibited a number of short films, spread over 12 hours of screenings. The 2007 Sefton Short Film Festival exhibited 65 films and attracted submissions and guests from across the world.
The festival was originally established in 2005 by Ann Monks. It was intended not only to be a place where new filmmakers can have a chance to have their work seen by a larger audience, but also as a way to get more people interested in short films as a medium.
The festival had also funded local filmmakers by organising film production courses. These courses covered all aspects of film making, from initial visualisation and script writing, through planning and shooting including camera work and sound recording, down to final editing and post production techniques.
Submissions for the S2F2 short film festival were welcomed from around the world and were usually accepted from April.
Best Film of 2008 Tomorrow's Forecast
- Writer, Director: David Hewitt
- Producer: Mani Sohanpal
- Cast: James Miller
Best Foreign Film of 2008 Porque Hay Cosas Que Nunca Se Oluidant (Because There Are Things You Never Forget)
- Director, Writer: Lucas Figueroa
- Producer: LMF
- Cast: Fabio Cannavaro, Amedeo Carboni, Emiliana Olmedo
Best Animation of 2008 1977
- Director, Writer: Peque Varela
- Producer: Gain Humphries
Best Sefton Themed Film of 2008 Giri
- Director: Mags Scholes
- Writer: Alan Fleet
- Producer: Darren Horne
- Cast: Terry Ezra, Terry O'Neil, Debbie Howard.
1st Prize: Fetch
- Writer, Director: Dana Dorian
- Producer: Sam McCarthy
- Animator:- Steve Townrow
2nd Prize: My Mum The Wrestler
- Writer, Director: Mark Withers
- Producer: Martina Goodman
- Cast: Martina Goodman, Paige Goodman
3rd Prize: I Met The Walrus
- Writer, Director: Josh Raskin
- Producer: Jerry Levitan
- Animators: Alex Kurina, James Braithwaite, Josh Raskin
Best Sefton Themed Film at S2F2 2007 awarded to: Boxing Clever
- Director, Producer: Tim Brunsden
- Cast: Members of the North Mersey Sporting Club
1st Prize: Stripped
- Writer, Director and Producer: Mark Jackson
- Cast: Ashlie Walker
2nd Prize: I Slide
- Writer, Director and Producer: Alex Buckley
- Cast: Demetrios Soarakis, Tori Jones, Tania Pusins, Philip Bland
3rd Prize: Lost Tickets
- Writer, Director and Producer: Clare Wilmshurst
- Cast: Robert Pheby, Daryl Webster
1st Prize: The Strand
- Writer: Paul Goetzee
- Director and Producer: Hal Lever
2nd Prize: The Quest
- Writer, Director and Producer: Students of St.Vincents, Harold Magnay and Watergate Schools - joint project.
- Cast: Students of the schools.
3rd Prize: Bar to Bar
- Writer: Michael Mackie, Mike Forshaw
- Director: Mike Forshaw
- Producer: Jozef Brady
- Cast: Andrew Cameron, Andy Moran, Marc Cowpland
Due to financial constraints, a decision was made to not hold the festival in 2009.
In April 2010 the festival was closed down for good. A statement on the festival's website read:
- "We are extremely sorry to announce that S2F2 has now ceased to operate and can no longer accept films at neither this time nor the foreseeable future!
- We have striven hard during this past year, to overcome numerous difficulties, in order to once again be in a position to offer the North West one of the best Film Festivals of recent years. Alas it has not proved possible and we are forced to close S2F2 down."