(Redirected from Segment (disambiguation))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up segment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Segment may refer to:
In mathematics, science, and technology
- Segmentation (memory), the division of computer memory into segments
- Image segment, created in computer vision
- string segment, a possibly smaller portion of a string (text string or bit-string).
- Network segment, a part of a larger computer network
- A protocol data unit of the transport layer in computing, e.g. TCP segment
- Line segment, part of a line that is bounded by two end points
- Circular segment, the area which is "cut off" from the rest of the circle by a secant or a chord
- Spherical segment, is a portion of a sphere cut off by a pair of parallel planes
Other uses in science and technology
- Segmentation (biology), a repeated part of the metazoan body
- Segment (linguistics), a discrete unit of speech
- The divisions found in the internal section of a citrus fruit
- Segmentary lineage, a model in social anthropology
- All pages beginning with "Segment"
- All pages with a title containing Segment
- Seg (disambiguation)
- Segmentation (disambiguation)
- Part (disambiguation)
- Division (disambiguation)
- Section (disambiguation)
- Subdivision (disambiguation)
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Segment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.