|Traded as||LSE: SGRO|
FTSE 100 Component
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Gerald Corbett, Chairman |
David Sleath, CEO
|Revenue||£369.0 million (2018)|
|£1,173.4 million (2018)|
|£1,066.1 million (2018)|
SEGRO plc (formerly known as Slough Estates) is a property investment and development company. It develops and invests in property located in the UK and Continental Europe focusing on edge of town flexible business space. The firm switched to Real Estate Investment Trust status when REITs were introduced in the United Kingdom in January 2007. The Company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It is the largest industrial property company in Europe and is the owner of the Slough Trading Estate - the largest trading estate under single ownership in Europe.
The Company was founded by Sir Percival Perry and Noel Mobbs in 1920 as The Slough Trading Company Ltd with the objective of acquiring and developing the site now occupied by the Slough Trading Estate in Slough. In the 1926 the Company changed its name to Slough Estates Ltd and in 1931 it expanded north acquiring a site in Birmingham. In the 1980s it expanded rapidly buying Allnatt Properties and Guildhall Properties in 1984, Helmlace in 1985 and Bredero Properties in 1986. In 1999 it acquired Percy Bilton.
In 2004 it sold a number of retail properties to Land Securities in exchange for some industrial properties. It converted to Real estate investment trust status and changed its name to SEGRO in 2007. In 2009 it acquired Brixton plc.
SEGRO owns commercial and industrial properties in the UK, France, Czech Republic, Poland, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Germany. The Company's portfolio (including joint venture assets) was valued at £8.9 billion at 31 December 2018.
- "Our Offices". Segro. Retrieved 7 July 2019.
- "Annual Results 2018" (PDF). Segro. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Our history". Segro. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Land Securities and Slough Estates agree property swap". Investegate. 15 November 2004. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Best may be over in dash by companies to convert to REITs". The Independent. 3 January 2007. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Segro reaches agreement to buy struggling rival Brixton". The Times. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Where we operate". Segro. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- Cassell, Michael Long Lease! The Inside Story of Slough Estates, Pencorp Books 1991