Dr. Sehat Sutardja (Se-hát Su-ta_ra Chinese: 周秀文; pinyin: Zhōu Xiùwén; born c. 1961 in Jakarta, Indonesia), is the co-founder and Director at Marvell Technology Group Board of Directors; formerly chief executive officer.  Sutardja's company is involved with industry segments including data storage, mobile and smart TVs.
Early life and education
Sehat Sutardja was born in 1961 in Indonesia; from Chinese Indonesian family. His interest in electronics began early; he became a certified radio repair technician at age 13 and has been designing components and systems ever since.
Sutardja graduated from Canisius College, a high school in Jakarta, Indonesia, in 1980. He came to the US in 1980 and received a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Iowa State University. He also holds a Master of Science and Doctorate in electrical engineering and computer science from the University of California, Berkeley. While at Berkeley, Sutardja met his future wife Weili Dai in a campus elevator.
Sehat Sutardja worked at Micro Linear Corp. and Integrated Information Technology. In 1995 he founded Marvell with his wife Weili Dai, and brother Pantas Sutardja, from his kitchen table. Sutardja led Marvell since inception.
Sutardja has more than 440 patents and is a fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). In 2004, Sutardja along with fellow Marvell co-founders Weili Dai and Pantas Sutardja received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in the networking and communications category. In 2006, he was recognized as the Inventor of the Year by the Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association.
In 2012, Sutardja was awarded the Indonesian Diaspora Lifetime Achievement Award for Global Pioneering and Innovation at the first-ever Congress of Indonesian Diaspora, presented by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia. In 2013, Sutardja was selected to join the Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame. On Dec. 16, 2013, Marvell Co-founders Dr. Sehat Sutardja and Weili Dai were honored with the 2013 Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award  by the Global Semiconductor Alliance. In 2004, Sutardja was and Award Recipient for the Northern California Region of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award.  On July 21, 2015, Sutardja was named "Executive of the Year" by the annual ACE Awards. 
Causes and philanthropy
Sutardja promotes new green energy efficiency standard for consumer electronics, working with both the U.S. and Chinese governments to establish efficiency performance standards that could produce significant cost and carbon savings. In 2010, he served as the principal founder of the Smart Electronics Initiative, a cross-industry collaborative campaign aimed at increasing awareness for the growing amount of energy consumed by everyday consumer electronics. Launched at Marvell with former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in cooperation with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, the project focused on combatting the rising degree of energy dependence.
Sutardja has also been an active philanthropist, particularly in the areas of green technology and education. He and his wife, were early proponents of the One Laptop per Child program, providing the financial support and cutting-edge technology that has enabled the organization to give more than 2 million school-aged children new learning opportunities in developing countries around the world.
In March 2009, a building at UC Berkeley was named Sutardja Dai Hall after the Marvell founders, who donated more than 20 million U.S. dollars to the university's nano-fabrication laboratory; the building houses the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS).
Sehat Sutardja is married to Weili Dai and is the brother of Pantas Sutardja. All three are co-founders of Marvell and are alumni of the University of California, Berkeley. Dai is the former president of Marvell, and Pantas Sutardja is a former Marvell director.
Sehat Sutardja and Weili Dai have two children.
- "Sehat Sutardja: Indonesian that Gain Success in Silicon Valley". Indonesia Berpretasi. October 30, 2010. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Herel, Suzanne (June 6, 2011). "Meet the Boss: Weili Dai, Marvell Technology Group". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "Sehat Sutardja Member Profile". Ernst & Young. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Asia to become world largest economic region: Marvell". Antara News. June 12, 2011. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Barack, Sylvie. "Marvell CEO named Indonesian diaspora innovator". EE Times. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Marvell Co-founder and CEO Selected for Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame". HPC Wire. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Marvell Founders Receive 2004 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.." The Free Library. 2004 Business Wire 10 Apr. 2015 http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Marvell+Founders+Receive+2004+Ernst+%26+Young+Entrepreneur+of+the+Year...-a0118789380
- "Governor Schwarzenegger Joins Marvell in Smart-Electronics Initiative". Benzinga. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "Governor Schwarzenegger Joins Marvell in Launching the Smart-Electronics Initiative.(Company overview)". High Beam Research. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "worldwide over 2.4 million children and teachers have xo laptops". One Laptop per Child. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- McGrath, Dylan (March 6, 2007). "UC Berkeley building named for Marvell founders". EE Times.
- Grazella, Mariel (June 16, 2011). "Sehat Sutardja: From radio boy to CEO". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Edward Robinson, Billionaires From Jakarta, Shanghai Undermined by U.S. Options, Bloomberg.com, May 21, 2007