Seibu 001 series
|Seibu 001 series|
|In service||2019 – Present|
|Replaced||Seibu 10000 series|
|Entered service||16 March 2019|
|Number under construction||48 vehicles (6 sets)|
|Number built||8 vehicles (1 set)|
|Formation||8 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Seibu Ikebukuro Line,|
Seibu Chichibu Line
|Car body construction||Aluminum|
|Doors||1 per side|
|Maximum speed||120 kilometres per hour (75 mph)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC overhead catenary|
|Current collection method||Pantograph|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Seibu 001 series (西武001系), also known as "Laview", is an electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Seibu Railway on limited express services in the Tokyo area of Japan. They will replace the 10000 series EMUs currently in service on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line and Chichibu Line.
The trains consist of eight cars per set.
Seven sets were ordered as a replacement for the New Red Arrow EMUs. The first set was presented to reporters at Kotesashi depot on February 14, 2019. Entry into revenue service is scheduled for March 16, 2019.
- Hosozawa, Ayateru (2018-11-26). "'Laview' replaces 'Red Arrow' for Seibu Railway's express train". The Asahi Shimbun. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "Laview EMUs are ready to roll". railwaygazette.com. Railway Gazette. 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "Upgraded express: Seibu Railway's Laview train to debut next spring". The Japan Times Online. 2018-10-29. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "西武001系「Laview」が公開される" [Seibu 001 series "Laview" presentation]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2019-02-16. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seibu 001 series.|
- Official website (in Japanese)