Seibu 10000 series
|Seibu 10000 series|
10000 series on a Chichibu service in June 2008
|Entered service||December 1993|
|Number built||84 vehicles (12 sets)|
|Number in service||84 vehicles (12 sets)|
|Formation||7 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Seibu Ikebukuro Line, Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Car length||20 m (65 ft 7 in)|
|Doors||One per side|
|Maximum speed||105 km/h (65 mph)|
|Traction system||Resistor control
IGBT-VVVF (set 10112)
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead line|
|Braking system(s)||Dynamic braking|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Seibu 10000 series (西武10000系?) is an electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Seibu Railway on limited express services in the Tokyo area of Japan since 1993.
Branded as "NRA" or "New Red Arrow", the trains are used on Koedo services from Seibu-Shinjuku in Tokyo to Hon-Kawagoe and on Musashi and Chichibu services from Ikebukuro in Tokyo to Hannō and Seibu Chichibu Station.
As of 1 April 2012, the fleet consists of 12 7-car sets, formed as follows.
Cars 2, 5, and 6 each have one single-arm pantograph, except set 10112, which has pantographs on cars 2 and 5 only.
The sets are monoclass with 2+2 abreast reclining seating. Seat pitch is 1,070 mm (42 in).
- 私鉄車両年鑑2012 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2012]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. February 2012. p. 183. ISBN 978-4-86320-549-9.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2012 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2012]. Japan: JRR. July 2012. pp. 60–62. ISBN 978-4-330-29911-2.
- 年鑑'95日本の鉄道 [Yearbook 1995: Japanese Railways]. Japan: Railway Journal. April 1995.
- 2011西武電車最新ガイド [2011 Seibu EMU Guide]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 40 no. 322. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. February 2011. pp. 7–35.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seibu 10000 series.|
- Seibu 10000 series "New Red Arrow" (Japanese)