|Elevation AMSL||92 m / 302 ft|
Seinäjoki Airport (Finnish: Seinäjoen lentoasema; IATA: SJY, ICAO: EFSI) is an airport in Ilmajoki, Finland, about 6 NM (11 km; 7 mi) south-southwest of Seinäjoki city centre. The airport has been operated since 2016 by Seinäjoen Lentoasema Oy (Seinäjoki Airport Ltd). Before that (from 1976 to 2016) it was operated by Rengonharju-säätiö (Rengonharju Foundation).
Airlines and destinations
At the moment there are no scheduled flights and the traffic consists mainly of private business and charter flights, in addition to general aviation. In the past, scheduled flights from Seinäjoki have been operated at least by Finnair, Finncomm Airlines, Flybe Nordic, Direktflyg, Golden Air, Air Botnia and Wasawings which was the first scheduled operator of the airport in 1983.
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
Freight and Mail
|Year||Domestic freight||Domestic mail||International freight||International mail||Total freight and mail||Change|
- "EFSI Seinäjoki" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Finavia. 16 December 2010. pp. EFSI AD 2.1, 1–12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 July 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2010" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. pp. 7, 9, 11. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 January 2012. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2009" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. pp. 9, 13. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 September 2012. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Media related to Seinäjoki Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official airport website
- Current weather for Seinajoki-Ilmajok, Finland (EFSI) at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for Seinäjoki-Ilmajoki Airport (SJY / EFSI) at Aviation Safety Network