Seinan Jo Gakuin University
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Seinan Women's University)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Seinan Jo Gakuin University (西南女学院大学 Seinan Jogakuin Daigaku?) is a private women's college in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan. The predecessor of the school was founded in 1922, and it was chartered as a university in 1994.
- 1922 - Girls' School Seinan Jo Gakuin (西南女学院?) was established by Southern Baptist missionary
- 1935 - Seinan Kasei Gakuin (西南家政学院?) was established
- 1946 - Seinan Jo Gakuin Senmon Gakko (西南女学院専門学校?) was established
- 1950 - Seinan Jo Gakuin Junior College was established(renamed "Seinan Jo Gakuin University Junior College" in 2004)
- 1993 - Seinan Jo Gakuin University was established
Faculties and departments
- Faculty of Health and Welfare Science
- Faculty of Humanities
- Seinan Jo Gakuin University Junior College
- Sion yama kindergarten attached to Seinan Jo Gakuin University Junior College
- Seinan Jo Gakuin High School/Junior High School
- Entrance ceremony: In April, the entrance ceremony is held in the form of a Christian worship ceremony.
- The anniversary of the founding: In July, the day is a school holiday but first-year students and teachers attend a ceremony. Seinan Jo Gakuin University celebrated the ninetieth anniversary of the founding of the school in 2012.
- Open campus: Open campus is an event to introduce Seinan Jo Gakuin University to high school students thinking about entering the University. University students serve as staff to guide the high school students around the campus.
- College Festival: In October, the event is held at Seinan Jo Gakuin University. There are many refreshment booths run by students.
- Graduation ceremony: In March
- Seinan Gakuin University - University established by Southern Baptist missionary Charles Kelsey Dozier in Fukuoka.
- Official website (Japanese)