|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Tomoki Kobayashi|
|Produced by||Tsuyoshi Tanaka|
|Written by||Kisai Takayama|
|Music by||Nobuaki Nobusawa|
|Studio||Studio Gokumi |
|Original network||TBS, Sun TV, BS-TBS|
|Original run||January 5, 2017 – March 23, 2017|
Seiren (セイレン lit. "Honesty"[a]) is an original Japanese romantic comedy anime television series directed by Tomoki Kobayashi at Studio Gokumi and AXsiZ. It aired on TBS between January 5, 2017 and March 23, 2017.
The series is structured like an anthology series, with every four episodes taking place in an individualized continuity in which protagonist Shōichi Kamita ends up with a different girl, yet featuring all of the same characters.
Shōichi Kamita is a second-year high school student who is worried about university exams and his future. In this point in his life, he comes into contact with various girls, and the series follows Shōichi and his relationships with them.
- Shōichi Kamita (嘉味田正一 Kamita Shōichi)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Tamaru
- The protagonist of the series. A second year high school student who can't leave people in trouble alone. A bit of a pervert with a tendency to fantasize about naughty things, Shouichi is a lover of games, whether on home consoles, in arcades, or elsewhere.
- Hikari Tsuneki (常木耀 Tsuneki Hikari)
- Voiced by: Ayane Sakura
- The class idol of class 2-B at Kibito High School and the runner-up of last year's "Miss Santa Contest". Described as a "modern day meddling princess", she is always cheerful and loves to eat, and is occasionally stubborn. She also has a part-time job working as a cook in a restaurant.
- Toru Miyamae (宮前透 Miyamae Toru)
- Voiced by: Shino Shimoji
- A student in class 3-A at Kibito High School. She is skilled with her hands when playing video games or crafting original goods. She finds it hard for her to keep up a conversation with those who don't share her hobbies.
- Kyōko Tōno (桃乃今日子 Tōno Kyōko)
- Voiced by: Juri Kimura
- A childhood friend of Shōichi and a first year student in Kibito High School. She is an honors student with high grades and loves to read Shōjo manga. She can act childish at times, which is an aspect of herself that she worries about.
- Ikuo Nanasaki (七咲郁夫 Nanasaki Ikuo)
- Voiced by: Ryōta Asari
- Shouichi's childhood friend, and the younger brother of Ai Nanasaki from Amagami, who was a bit of a prankster in elementary school. Thanks to his elder sister's influence, he eventually grew a more calm personality and became more studious.
- Tomoe Kamita (嘉味田十萌 Kamita Tomoe)
- Voiced by: Manami Numakura
- The protagonist's only older sister who was last year's Miss Santa. She is in class 3-A at Kibito High School. With the personality of an air-headed idol, she naturally charms others, hence her popularity at her school. However, she secretly has a dirty mouth, swearing with little restraint.
- Yukie Takato (高遠由貴恵 Takato Yukie)
- Voiced by: Saki Fujita
- One of Hikari's friends who used to like Tatsuya.
- Yoko Kikuchi (菊池洋子 Kikuchi Yoko)
- Voiced by: Yukiyo Fujii
- One of Hikari's friends who participates in the school's swimming club.
- Tatsuya Araki (荒木達也 Araki Tatsuya)
- Voiced by: Takuya Eguchi
- Shōichi's and Ikuo's friend who hangs out with them in the arcade. He is popular with the girls in Kibito High School and has a deep interest for animals.
- Makoto Kamizaki (上崎真詩 Kamizaki Makoto)
- Voiced by: Shiori Mikami
- A first-year high school student who is part of the Public Morals Committee.
- Ruise Sanjō (三条るいせ Sanjō Ruise)
- Voiced by: Honoka Kuroki
- A second-year student and the current chairman of the Public Morals Committee in Kibito High School.
- Masami Onigata (鬼型雅美 Onigata Masami)
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura
- The homeroom teacher for class 2-B in Kibito High School.
- Miu Hiyama (桧山水羽 Hiyama Miu)
- Voiced by: Shiori Izawa
- A little bit naive about the world, she's a swimming club member from Sakuragawa East, an all girls' high school.
- Toka Marushimi (丸石燈花 Marushimi Toka)
- Voiced by: Juri Nagatsuma
- She is the friend of Miu and is also a member of Sakuragawa East's swimming club.
- Mako Yoshida (吉田麻子 Yoshida Mako)
- Voiced by: Mai Kadowaki
- Hikari Tsuneki's classmate in the "Save Our Scores" class during a cram school summer seminar.
- Sōta Miyamae (宮前宗太 Miyamae Sōta)
- Voiced by: Kentarō Tone
- Toru's brother who works as a teacher in a cram school. He also participates in the cram school's yearly summer seminar, where he wears sunglasses and carries a bamboo stick to appear strict among the students.
- Shiori Nagasawa (永沢栞 Nagasawa Shiori)
- Voiced by: Yū Asakawa
- A third-year student in Kibito High School who is friends with Tomoe and Toru. She is also the president of the Home Ec Club until the second semester.
- Koharu Uno (宇野小春 Uno Koharu)
- Voiced by: Yuka Ōtsubo
- She is the president of the Home Ec Club after Shiori stepped down.
- Nao Tokioka (時岡奈緒 Tokioka Nao)
- Voiced by: Hitomi Harada
- She is the vice-president of the Home Ec Club.
- Takeshi Yuki (湯木健 Yuki Takeshi)
- Voiced by: Natsumi Fujiwara
- The son of the restaurant owner Hikari works for. He typically wears an eyepatch and plays in the arcade with his friends.
TBS revealed plans for a new anime series, with Kisai Takyama working on the project. This original anime television adaption was later officially named Seiren. The series is directed by Tomoki Kobayashi at Studio Gokumi and AXsiZ. It aired on TBS in Japan from January 5, 2017 to March 23, 2017. The series was also simulcasted in the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America on Crunchyroll. The series uses an omnibus format, in which each major character arc is a self-contained four-episode story. These major arcs are focused on three characters: Hikari Tsuneki, Toru Miyamae, and Kyōko Tōno. However, it is also noted that there are plans for character arcs involving Miu Hiyama, Makoto Kamizaki, and Ruise Sanjō in the future.
The opening theme, "Your Flower" (キミの花 Kimi no Hana), is sung by Hanako Oku. There are three ending themes. The first theme, "Moment Happening" (瞬間 Happening Shunkan Happening), is sung by Ayane Sakura. The second theme, "Unrivalled Goddess" (ムテキの女神 Muteki no Megami) is sung by Shino Shimoji. The third theme, "Theory of Love" (恋のセオリー Koi no Seorī), is sung by Juri Kimura.
|No.||Title[b]||Original air date|
|1||"Hikari Tsuneki Chapter 1 - Decision"|
"Tsuneki Hikari Dai 1 Shō - Ketsudan" (常木耀 第1章 - ケツダン)
|January 5, 2017|
|2||"Hikari Tsuneki Chapter 2 - Deep in the Mountains"|
"Tsuneki Hikari Dai 2 Shō - Yamaoku" (常木耀 第2章 - ヤマオク)
|January 12, 2017|
|3||"Hikari Tsuneki Chapter 3 - In the Men's Bath"|
"Tsuneki Hikari Dai 3 Shō - Otokoyu" (常木耀 第3章 - オトコユ)
|January 19, 2017|
|4||"Hikari Tsuneki Chapter 4 - Starry Sky"|
"Tsuneki Hikari Sai shūshō - Hoshizora" (常木耀 最終章 - ホシゾラ)
|January 26, 2017|
|5||"Toru Miyamae Chapter 1 - Exchange"|
"Miyamae Tōru Dai 1 Shō - Koukan" (宮前透第1章 - コウカン)
|February 2, 2017|
|6||"Toru Miyamae Chapter 2 - Versus"|
"Miyamae Tōru Dai 2 Shō - Taisen" (宮前透第2章 - タイセン)
|February 9, 2017|
|7||"Toru Miyamae Chapter 3 - Brother Complex"|
"Miyamae Tōru Dai 3 Shō - Burakon" (宮前透第3章 - ブラコン)
|February 16, 2017|
|8||"Toru Miyamae Chapter 4 - Fluffy"|
"Miyamae Tōru Sai shūshō - Mofumofu" (宮前透最終章 - モフモフ)
|February 23, 2017|
|9||"Kyōko Tōno Chapter 1 - Home Ec Club"|
"Tōno Kyōko Dai 1 Shō - Kateibu" (桃乃今日子 第1章 - カテイブ)
|March 2, 2017|
|10||"Kyōko Tōno Chapter 2 - Hand-Me-Down"|
"Tōno Kyōko Dai 2 Shō - Osagari" (桃乃今日子 第2章 - オサガリ)
|March 9, 2017|
|11||"Kyōko Tōno Chapter 3 - Awakening"|
"Tōno Kyōko Dai 3 Shō - Kakusei" (桃乃今日子 第3章 - カクセイ)
|March 16, 2017|
|12||"Kyōko Tōno Chapter 4 - First Love"|
"Tōno Kyōko Sai shūshō - Hatsukoi" (桃乃今日子最終章 - ハツコイ)
|March 23, 2017|
In anticipation of the anime premiere, two official webcomics illustrated by Piaisai titled "Amagami Characters Do the Seiren Interview" (アマガミキャラによるセイレンインタビュー Amagami Kyara Niyoru Seiren Intabyū) and "Seiren Heroines Do the Amagami Challenge!" (セイレンヒロインによるアマガミちゃれんじっ! Seiren Hiroin Niyoru Amagami Chirenji!) were released. These webcomics involve characters from Seiren and the dating simulation game, Amagami.
- Kanji transliteration: 清廉
- All English episode titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "Crunchyroll Announces Winter 2017 Anime Lineup". Crunchyroll. January 20, 2017. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- "Story" (in Japanese). Tokyo Broadcasting System. n.d. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- ANN Staff (21 December 2016). "Anime Spotlight - SEIREN". Anime News Network. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- "Seiren Original Anime Reveals 3 More Cast Members, New Visual". Anime News Network. December 23, 2016. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- "Character" (in Japanese). Tokyo Broadcasting System. n.d. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- "TBS Develops Original TV Anime With Amagami & KimiKiss's Kisai Takayama". Anime News Network. August 11, 2016. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- "TBS, Kisai Takayama Unveil Original Anime Project Seiren". Anime News Network. October 14, 2016. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- "Crunchyroll to Stream School Romantic Comedy Anime Seiren". January 4, 2016. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Seiren Original Anime Unveils 1st Promo Video, Omnibus Format". Anime News Network. December 2, 2016. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- Takayama, Kisai (n.d.). "高山箕犀からのコメント" [Comments from Kisai Takayama] (in Japanese). Tokyo Broadcasting System. Retrieved December 30, 2016.