Seka at the 2007 AVN Awards
|Born||Dorothiea Ivonniea Hundley
April 15, 1954
Radford, Virginia, U.S.
|Other names||Sweet Alice, Platinum Princess, Dottie|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||118 lb (54 kg; 8.4 st)|
|Spouse(s)||Francis "Frank" Patton
(married 1972, divorced before or in 1977);
Kenneth M. Yontz
(married 1978, divorced 1980)
Seka (born Dorothiea Ivonniea Hundley, April 15, 1954) also known as Dorothea Hundley Patton, is a retired American pornographic actress who began her career in the industry at age 23 and appeared in pornographic films from 1977-93. She was known as the Platinum Princess of Porn. In 2013, she released her autobiography about her life and career, titled Inside Seka.
Dorothiea Hundley was born and raised in Radford, Virginia, having, she recalled, "a plain, normal childhood" with two siblings, a brother and sister. She describes her ancestry as Cherokee and Irish. Nicknamed "Dottie," she won a high-school beauty pageant, being named Ms. Hopewell High School or Miss Hopewell High School (accounts vary) and became Miss Southside Virginia.
Hundley married Francis "Frank" Patton on April 21, 1972, a week after her 18th birthday. She and Patton divorced before she began her pornographic career in 1977. She worked for Reynolds Metals Company, maker of Reynolds Wrap household aluminum, and later became a clerk at an adult bookstore, where she began dating the married owner.
I had seven adult bookstores in Virginia and Maryland that I owned. In the back of the stores at that time, you had the movies and you would have to loop the movies. So I would have to fix the movies when they broke and of course, I ended up watching a lot of movies. Well, I saw these ladies doing adult films back then and felt that was a nasty representation of women. I thought to myself that I can do it and do it better than that. That is how I came into the industry.
Seka's early pornographic pseudonyms included Linda Grasser. She eventually adopted the screen name Seka, after a female blackjack dealer she knew in Las Vegas. (She married actor-turned-director Kenneth M. Yontz the year after her porn debut; they divorced in 1980.) She went on to star in more than 200 adult videos with a "break" in 1982, when she stopped shooting sex movies, claiming "they wouldn't pay her what she wanted," and turned to stripping and nude modeling while also running her own fan club. Subsequently, she admitted that the HIV epidemic in the mid-1980s contributed to her decision to avoid the hardcore sex scene, saying, "That's why I don't make movies any more . . . I like to live." By the early 1990s she had returned to the porn industry to perform in a few final movies, her last being American Garter.
Jamie Gillis performed with Seka numerous times and considered her to be "a bit above porn," describing her as a "white trash queen." Among her fellow performers, she listed her favorite male screen partners as Gillis, John Holmes, Mike Ranger and Paul Thomas. In terms of female screen partners, she rated her favorites as Veronica Hart, Aunt Peg, Kay Parker and Candida Royalle.
In 2005 she moved from Chicago to Kansas City, operating her fan club through her own website. In February 2007 she stated she had just shot her first hardcore scene in nearly 15 years, available as online pay-per-view.
In 2015 she published her autobiography, Inside Seka, whose text Kerry Zukus transcribed from her dictations. Jim Norton wrote the foreword and Bobby Slayton wrote the afterword.
She has appeared on various talk shows such as those hosted by Alan Thicke, Montel Williams, Oprah Winfrey, Larry King, Phil Donahue, and Morton Downey Jr., as well as an appearance on the variety show Saturday Night Live. Seka was also in the 2012 documentary After Porn Ends, which is about life after being a porn actor.
Aside from her marriages to Frank Patton (1972-77?), Patrick Connelly (1987) and Kenneth M. Yontz (1978-80), Seka dated comedian Sam Kinison in the mid-'80s. She credited him for arranging an appearance with him on Saturday Night Live.
In the DVD commentary for his film, director Paul Thomas Anderson stated that she was the main inspiration for his character of Amber Waves in Boogie Nights, due to her appearance and involvement with John Holmes in the documentary Exhausted: John C. Holmes, The Real Story.
Awards and recognition
- Teenage Desires (1978) (footage from 1974)
- Rocking With Seka (1980)
- Inside Seka (1980)
- The Seduction Of Cindy (1980)
- Exhausted: John C. Holmes, the Real Story (1981)
- Blond Heat (1985) (opposite John Leslie)
- Careful, He May Be Watching (1987)
- American Garter (1993)
- Desperately Seeking Seka (2002)
Rht stockings 1979
- Seka at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "Seka Recalls Salad Days of Porn in Autobiography". AVN. May 24, 2006. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
- John Reed (July 26, 2012). "Seka, Raising Penises For Three Generations". Vice Media. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- Inside Seka released accessed 11/23/2016
- Seka, in Skerchock, John. "Seka, A Chiller Theatre Interview". OfficialSeka.com. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011.
- "Seka releases a new book about the pornography industry and her experiences in it". Daily News. New York City. September 15, 2013. Archived from the original on March 12, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Berkwitt, Brad (April 11, 2010). "Legendary Adult Movie Star Seka Sits Down with RSR to Talk about Her Career and Love for the Sport of Boxing Part I". RingsideReport.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- Gibron, Bill (March 31, 2005). "Review: Desperately Seeking Seka". PopMatters.com. Archived from the original on August 21, 2009.
- Seka, interviewed in Cachapero, Joanne (December 11, 2007). "Seka". Eros-NY.com. Archived from the original on December 13, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
- Google Ngram Viewer: hiv
- Full-on clothing
- N/A. "Biography of Seka". classicseka.com. classic porn movie archive. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- McNeil, Legs; Osborne, Jennifer (2006). The Other Hollywood: The Uncensored Oral History of the Porn Film Industry. Regan Books / Harper Collins. p. 231. ISBN 0-06-009659-4.
- Rugg, Peter (February 8, 2007). "Hardcore at 52". The Pitch. Archived from the original on September 6, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2007.
- "Adult film actress walks off TV talk show after being insulted by the host". youtube. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- Saxon, Wolfgang (March 14, 2001), "Morton Downey Jr., 67, Combative TV Host", New York Times, New York, archived from the original on 2014-08-19
- N/A. "SEKA SKETCHES". NBC. NBCUniversal. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Love Notes ..." chicagotribune.com. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 9 December 2016.
- DVD Commentary Boogie Nights accessed 11/23/2016
- "The XRCO Hall of Fame," Adam Film World Guide 1992 Directory of Adult Films, pp. 284–85
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seka.|