Sekhar Suri in Cinivaram
SS Chandra Sekhar
Sekhar Suri is an Indian film director predominately works for Telugu films. He got good recognition for the thriller film A Film by Aravind. He directed 4 Telugu films and a Hindi film so far. All his movies has the some thriller elements in them.
Sekhar was born in Tanuku, West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. He used to watch a lot of TV series as a kid. God father was his favorite series on Doordarshan. This obsession continued till his graduation. He spent most of his early life in Hyderabad. He discontinued his degree in commerce to become a film maker.
His original name is SS Chandra Sekhar. Since Chandra Sekhar is a very common name in the film industry, he changed his name to Sekhar Suri. Another Tollywood director Indraganti Mohanakrishna is his cousin.
He happened to meet actor Tarun on an occasion with the help of his friend. With the help of Tarun, he got a chance to meet the owner of Super Good Films. This way he got a chance to direct Tarun for the film Adrustam. The script of the film was loosely based on Roman Holiday. However, the film did not do well at the box office.
Later he prepared the script on his own and made it into a film A Film by Aravind starring Rajeev Kanakala, Richard Rishi, and Mona Chopra in the lead roles. This film became a hit. Rishi had bagged seven films after this film. Next he made a psychological thriller film Three which was a real life incident happened in Hyderabad. This film received critical response. Next he made a film Aravind 2 starring Srinivas Avasarala, Kamal Kamaraju and others.
- Adrustam (2002)
- A Film by Aravind (2005)
- Three (2008)
- Aravind 2 (2013)
- Dr Charkravarthy (2017)
- Guns of Banaras (filming)
- "A Bollywood summer for Sekhar Suri". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Times of India. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "Shekhar Suri Biography on Filmibeat". filmibeat.com. Filmibeat. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- G. V., Ramana. "Interview with Sekhar Suri". idlebrain.com. Idlebrain. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "Review: Adrushtam". sify.com. Sify. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "Trying a new approach for 'Aravind 2' : Sekhar Suri". 123telugu.com. Mallemala Entertainments. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "Three movie review on Indiaglitz". indiaglitz.com. indiaglitz. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- Bhandaram, Vishnu Priya. "Aravind 2: Jeepers not creepers". thehindu.com. The Hindu. Retrieved 27 November 2016.