|Full name||Sekou Cissé|
|Date of birth||23 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Dabou, Ivory Coast|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|2008||Ivory Coast U23||4||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 March 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 08:54, 16 January 2019 (UTC)
Cissé began his career in his home country, but moved to the Netherlands in 2004 under the advice of fellow international Arouna Koné, who was playing for Roda at the time. Following the departure of Koné to Eindhoven in 2005, Cissé had a larger role in the Roda team and was noted for his speed.
In 2006, it was reported that Louis van Gaal, coach of fellow Eredivisie side AZ Alkmaar, was interested in signing him, as part of an exchange deal with Adil Ramzi. Roda, however, refused to negotiate, stating that they wanted to keep him in their team.
In the season 2008–09, Cissé started to become a very influential part of the Roda JC-team. His performance attracted the attention of other clubs and he was soon linked to clubs like Feyenoord, Eindhoven and Twente. It was made known on 30 June 2009, that Cissé would leave Roda, to join one of the major clubs in the Eredivisie, Feyenoord. On 5 July 2009, the transfer was officially announced on the website of Feyenoord, after he passed a medical test. It was announced that Cissé would sign a five-year contract with Feyenoord. After suffering many injuries and because of a lack of prospect, Cissé and Feyenoord dissolved his contract on 3 January 2014. After a successful trial he signed a contract on 13 January 2014, at Genk.
He competed in the 2008 Toulon Tournament for the U-23 team, which placed third. Cissé was top scorer of the tournament with four goals.
|1 June 2008||Abidjan, Ivory Coast||Mozambique||1–0||Won||2010 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|22 June 2008||Abidjan, Ivory Coast||Botswana||1–0||Won||2010 FIFA World Cup Qualification|
|22 June 2008||Abidjan, Ivory Coast||Botswana||4–0||Won||2010 FIFA World Cup Qualification|
- http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=411840&plid=43040&clid=322&cpid=9 Cissé linked with AZ Alkmaar][permanent dead link]
- Feyenoord verwelkomt Sekou Cissé (Feyenoord.nl)
- Wegen van Feyenoord en geflopte Cissé scheiden (Voetbalprimeur.nl) Archived 3 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Η ώρα για τις προσθέσεις…, anorthosis24.net, 9 January 2019
- http://fifci.org/News.aspx?num=A000001619 Cissé called up to Cote d'Ivoire squad