Sela (Saudi Arabia)
|Location||Medina, Saudi Arabia|
"The Prophet Muhammad in the "Battle of the Trench" prayed to God for victory on Mount Sela'. Mount Sela was mentioned by several Hadith of the stories of the Prophet such as The Prayer for Rain, The forgiveness of Ka'b b. malik.
Sela is mentioned by Al-Hamdani in his book Geography of Arabian Peninsula as part of Medina city in his time 150 years after Muhammad. His name and his companions Umar and Ali are inscribed on a stone on top of the mountain.
- Al-Madinah Regional Municipality, Saudi Arabia
- Sela' (Medina) citations at Book Mujam Buldan by Yaqut Hamwi, Volume I: pages 5,1,188.8.131.522.663.671 Volume ii:pages ,32.111. Volume 3: pages 117.661.767.839. Volume IV: pages 434.439,.468.556.626 al-Hamawi, Yaqut (1994). Kitab muʻjam al-buldān. Tehran: Frankfurt am Main : Institute for the History of Arabic-Islamic Science at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University. p. 323. OCLC 61192389.
- Watt, Montgomry. Muhammad at Medina. pp. 37,169. ISBN 9780199064731. Archived from the original on March 2000.
Mount Sela' (Sal') of Medina mentioned
- "Hadith, Sahih Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 16, Number 126". mention of Mountain of Sila' in Hadith. 605. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Hadith, Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 38, Number 500". mention of Sala' in Hadith. 605. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- Hamdani, al-Hasan. Geography of the Arabian Peninsula.
- "Hadith mentioning Mount Sela'".
- Mountains of al Madinah al Munawarah, Saudi Arabia, Pilgrims Guide, Government of Saudi Arabia 
- "article about Mount Selae in Pilgrims guide Saudi Arabia".
- "article about Mount Sela' in Medina".
- al-Khattab, compiled by a group of scholars under the supervision of Shaikh Safiur Rahman Mubarakpuri ; translated by Nasiruddin (2004). History of Al-Madinah Al Munawarah (2nd ed.). Riyadh: Darussalam. p. 113. ISBN 9789960892115.
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|