|District||Wunsiedel im Fichtelgebirge|
|• Lord Mayor||Ulrich Pötzsch (Aktive Bürger)|
|• Total||62.37 km2 (24.08 sq mi)|
|Elevation||562 m (1,844 ft)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||WUN, MAK, REH, SEL|
Selb is a town in the district of Wunsiedel, in Upper Franconia, Bavaria, Germany. It is situated in the Fichtelgebirge, on the border with the Czech Republic, 20 km northwest of Cheb and 23 km southeast of Hof.
Selb is well known for its porcelain manufacture, and is the home of the Rosenthal (company) factory, founded in 1879 by Philipp Rosenthal as a family business.
- Manfred Ahne (born 1961), German icehockey player
- Sebastian Bösel (born 1994), German football player
- Siegfried Hausner (1952-1975), a member of the Red Army Faction, was born and raised in Selb
- Florian Ondruschka (born 1987), German icehockey player
- Richard Rogler (born 1949), German satirist, Kabarett artist and professor of Kabarett at the University of the Arts in Berlin
- Philipp Rosenthal (1855-1937) founder of Rosenthal enterprise
- Philip Rosenthal (industrialist) (1916-2001) son of above, reclaimed factory from Nazis, became leading SDP politician
- Peter Schiller (born 1957), Germann ice hockey player
- The ski mountaineer and mountain biker Andreas Strobel was born 1972 in Selb
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). July 2019.
|This Wunsiedel district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|