|Private limited company|
|Headquarters||Glostrup, Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Peter Knap (CEO), Preben Kønig (Chairman)|
The company's U.S. subsidiary, Select Sport America, has contracts to supply soccer balls for the NAIA, several NCAA Division II and Division III conferences, and state high school federations in Kentucky and Wisconsin.
In the late 1950s or early 1960s, Select manufactured and marketed the first 32-panel soccer ball. Based loosely on the geodesic dome designs of R. Buckminster Fuller, it consisted of 12 black pentagons and 20 white hexagons. The 32 panel configuration became the world standard for several decades. Select was also the first manufacturer of footballs without exterior lacing.
Select Sport is the official supplier and sponsor of numerous association football teams, players and associations, including:
Select is official ball supplier for the following football leagues/associations:
- Jupiler Pro League
- ALKA Superliga
- NordicBet Liga
- Denmark national football team
- Serie A (women's football)
- Aarhus Fremad
- Gentofte-Vangede Idrætsforening
- Sarpsborg (Since 2015)
- Tromsø (Since 2016)
- Fanja (Since 2016)
- Brage (Since 2015)
- Abu Dhabi (Since 2016)
- "Sponsor". Select Sport America. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- SELECT - The origin, Select.dk (in Danish), retrieved 10 June 2012
- "SELECT Since 1947". SELECT. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- The history of the soccer ball, Soccerballworld.com (in English), retrieved 29 May 2008
- About SELECT, Select-sport.com (in Danish), retrieved 27 May 2008
|This Danish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|