The city and the mines from the north
|• Mayor||Përparim Shametaj (PD)|
|• Municipality||561.24 km2 (216.70 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||33/km2 (85/sq mi)|
|• Administrative Unit||3,235|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Selenicë (definite Albanian form: Selenica) is a municipality in Vlorë County, southwestern Albania. It was formed at the 2015 local government reform by the merger of the former municipalities Armen, Brataj, Kotë, Selenicë, Sevaster and Vllahinë, that became municipal units. The seat of the municipality is the town Selenicë. The total population is 18,476 (2011 census), in a total area of 561.24 km2. The population of the former municipality at the 2011 census was 2,235. The town is well known for its bitumen mines. The football (soccer) club is KS Selenicë. In the 2011 Albanian census, Selenica was the only commune where the number of declared Aromanians outnumbered the number of declared ethnic Albanians.
- Albanian government budget legislation[permanent dead link]
- Law nr. 115/2014 Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Interactive map administrative territorial reform". Archived from the original on 2017-01-12. Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- 2011 census results Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- 2011 Census, Communes by Ethnicity
|This article about a specific location in Vlorë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|