Self-Protect High-Energy Laser Demonstrator
The Self-Protect High-Energy Laser Demonstrator (SHiELD) is a directed energy weapons development program. The objective of this programme is to demonstrate the ability of a laser system mounted on aircraft. The program will develop and integrate a moderate power laser in a fighter-compatible pod. It was reported that United States Air Force is considering to get defensive laser weapon for fifth and sixth generation fighter jets by 2021.
- "USAF considers defensive lasers for future fighters". flightglobal.com. 2 February 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "The Air Force's Self-Protect High-Energy Laser Demonstrator - RealClearDefense". realcleardefense.com. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Air Force Moves Aggressively On Lasers « Breaking Defense - Defense industry news, analysis and commentary". Breakingdefense.com. 2015-08-07. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- "Air Force Research Lab Tries to Stay Ahead of Rivals". Nationaldefensemagazine.org. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- "USAF Become Agents of SHiELD | Pentagon: Multi-Billion Investment Tomahawks SM-6 | UK MoD Buying Zephyr Solar Planes". Defenseindustrydaily.com. 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|