Early life and education
Hizli was born in Oxford, Oxfordshire and raised in Flamstead in Hertfordshire. Her mother, Liz Hizli, is a community fundraiser. As a child Hizli attended Roundwood Park School in Harpenden followed by the BRIT School in Croydon. After a four-stage application process, she was one of only 34 young actors to be accepted for a place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 2007 to do a three-year acting degree. She graduated in July 2010.
After graduating from the Royal Academy, Hizli won the part of Connie Carter in the second series of the BBC One wartime drama Land Girls. To prepare for the role, she researched the work of the Women's Land Army. She returned to the series for its third run of episodes in 2011.
In September 2011 Hizli appeared as Mae West in Appropriate Adult, a two-part drama based on the events surrounding the arrest of serial killer Fred West. Later in the year she also appeared in an episode of the sixth series of Law & Order: UK. Hizli's first professional stage role was the part of Katie in the play One Night in November at the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry. Further credits include a starring role as The Bride in an adaptation of Federico García Lorca's Blood Wedding which was performed at the 2012 London Festival Fringe. She has also appeared as Amelia in the play House of Bernarda Alba, also by Federico García Lorca, which was performed between 19 January and 10 March 2012 at the Almeida Theatre, London.
|2010-11||Land Girls||Connie Carter||Series regular|
|2011||Appropriate Adult||Mae West||Two-part serial; both episodes.|
|Law & Order: UK||Sara Waldman||TV episode: "Trial"|
|2013||Casualty||Lucy Packard||TV episode: "Waiting for a Star to Fall"|
|2014||Call the Midwife||Doris Aston||TV episode #3.2|
|2015||Luther (TV series)||Stacy Bell||S04E02|
|2016-present||Grantchester||Margaret Ward||Second series onwards|
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007
- Burton, Madeleine (May 4, 2011). "Land Girls actress from Flamstead". Hertfordshire Advertiser. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Selin lands starring role in BBC TV drama Land Girls". BBC News. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Johnson, Sally-Anne (21 June 2007). "Selin's drama joy". Watford Observer. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Cast announced for third series of Land Girls". BBC Press Office. BBC. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Spotlight profile of Seline Hizli". The Spotlight. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Photo Flash: Sneak Peek of Festival of Chaos' Blood Wedding; Opens Tonight!". BroadwayWorld.com. 25 May 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Foreman, Gareth (7 November 2011). "House of Bernarda Alba - full cast announced at Almeida". London Theatre Guide. Retrieved 30 May 2012.