|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Total height||60 m (200 ft)|
|Number of drops||1|
Seljalandsfoss is a waterfall in Iceland. Seljalandsfoss is located in the South Region in Iceland right by Route 1 and the road that leads to Þórsmörk Road 249. The waterfall drops 60 m (197 ft) and is part of the Seljalands River that has its origin in the volcano glacier Eyjafjallajökull. Visitors can walk behind the falls into a small cave.
Plans to build a 8-metre high, 2000 square-metre information centre near the waterfall provoked controversy in Iceland in May 2017. Opponents of the plans argued that the building would spoil the view of the waterfall and interrupt the natural look of the area.
In popular culture
Seljalandsfoss was a waypoint during the first leg of The Amazing Race 6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Seljalandsfoss.|
- "Iceland's Most Famous Waterfall Is Big Enough To Stand Inside, Which Is Pretty Incredible". The Huffington Post. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Rauði bragginn gefur „mjög svo ranga mynd“ af þjónustumiðstöðinni - Vísir". visir.is. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Telja að bygging skyggi á Seljalandsfoss". RÚV. 2017-05-06. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Hafstad, Vala (3 November 2015). "Justin Bieber’s Video, ‘I’ll Show You’ (Iceland)". Iceland Review. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- More information and photos about Seljalandsfoss on Hit Iceland
- Seljalandsfoss at the IMDb
- Seljalandsfoss panoramic virtual tour
|This Iceland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|