From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Selkirk may refer to:
- Selkirk, Scottish Borders, a royal burgh in southern Scotland, incorporated before 1300, and from which many of the following people and places are named
- Fort Selkirk, Yukon, a historic Hudson's Bay Company trading post and First Nation settlement on the Yukon River
- International Selkirk Loop, a route in Idaho, Washington, and British Columbia skirting the Selkirk Mountains
- Lord Selkirk Park, a neighbourhood in Winnipeg, Canada
- Selkirk, Manitoba, a city in Manitoba, Canada
- Selkirk, Kansas, an unincorporated community in Wichita County, Kansas
- Selkirk, New York, an unincorporated hamlet in the town of Bethlehem located in Albany County, New York
- Selkirk Mountains, a mountain range in British Columbia, Canada and the Idaho panhandle, USA
- Selkirk Settlers Bridge, in Winnipeg, Canada
- Selkirk Shores State Park, on the shore of Lake Ontario, located in the town of Richland, Oswego County, New York
- Alejandro Selkirk Island, the largest and most westerly island in the Juan Fernández Archipelago of the Valparaíso Region of Chile, situated 180 km (100 nmi; 110 mi) west of Robinson Crusoe Island in the southeastern Pacific Ocean.
- Selkirk (surname), surname origin, and list of people with the surname
- Earl of Selkirk, a title in the Peerage of Scotland
- James Douglas-Hamilton, Baron Selkirk of Douglas, Scottish politician and Life Peer, briefly 11th Earl of Selkirk
- Thomas Douglas, 5th Earl of Selkirk, Scottish philanthropist who sponsored immigrant settlements in Canada
- Selkirk (horse), (1988–2013), a North American-bred, thoroughbred racehorse that raced mainly in Europe
- Selkirk Rex, a breed of cat with curly hair
- Selkirk College, a community college in British Columbia
- Selkirk Secondary School, a high school in Kimberley, British Columbia
- Selkirk F.C., a football club
- Selkirk RFC, a rugby club
- Winnipeg Selkirks, a former ice hockey team from Winnipeg, Canada, see List of ice hockey teams in Manitoba
- Selkirk hurdle, a description of the route that freight trains must take from New York City to points west of the Hudson River
- Selkirk locomotive, a type of steam locomotive built by Montreal Locomotive Works
- Selkirk Communications a defunct Canadian radio and television broadcasting company, which operated from 1959 to 1989.
- Selkirk Grace commonly recited before a Burns supper, attributed to Robert Burns
- Selkirk transmitting station, the transmitter that provides FM, digital radio and television coverage to Selkirk.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Selkirk.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.