Sellicks Beach, South Australia
Sellicks Beach south
|Population||2,339 (2011 census Census)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACDT (UTC+10:30)|
|LGA(s)||City of Onkaparinga|
Sellicks Beach is an outer southern suburb of Adelaide, South Australia which is located in the local government area of the City of Onkaparinga and is the southernmost extent of the Adelaide metropolitan area. At the 2006 census, Sellicks Beach had a population of 2,339.
There are housing development projects being undertaken in Sellicks Beach. There is a post office, delicatessen and a wholesale nursery. Sellicks Beach is also close to Aldinga Beach, a 10-minute drive, which has two petrol stations, two supermarkets, bakery, doctors surgery, two chemists and other various shops. Driving on the beach is permitted free of charge for residents while a non-residents are charged a small fee.
Max temp history
Hottest Ever This Month - 31.5° 27/09/2008
Hottest This Year - 37.9° 06/03/2016
Hottest This Month - 24.4° 07/09/2016
Long Term Average - 18.8°
Average This Month - 16.9°
Hottest September On Record - Avg. max. temp. 21.2° (2013)
Min temp history
Coldest Ever - 4.0° 11/09/2002
Coldest This Year - 4.0° 17/07/2016
Coldest This Month - 8.1° 14/09/2016
Long Term Average - 10.5°
Average This Month - 10.3°
Coldest September On Record - Avg. max. temp. 9.1° (2003)
Notes and references
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Sellicks Beach (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Southern Adelaide SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Search result for "County of Adelaide, CNTY" with the following data sets selected - "Counties" and "Local Government Areas"". Property Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "2014 State election boundaries". ELECTORAL COMMISSION SA. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "City of Onkaparinga suburb boundaries map". City of Onkaparinga. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Search result for "Sellicks Beach(Locality Bounded)" (Record no. SA0062056) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Metropolitan Adelaide Boundary". The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Vehicles on beaches". City of Onkaparinga. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|