Selma (lake monster)
The sea serpent has been discussed for a long time and there have been witness descriptions of encounters, especially from hot, quiet summer. The oldest written account of the creature dates from 1750, when it was said to have rounded a rowboat belonging to a man from Bø rowing across from Ulvenes to Nes.
- "Secret life of the Norwegian Nessie". Guardian News & Media Limited. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- Lars Mæhlum. "Seljordsvatnet". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- Kommunevåpenet (Seljord kommune)
- "Trygve Magnus Barstad". OceanWP. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- M Dee Dubroff (September 15, 2016). "Is Selma the sea serpent alive and well in the lakes of Norway?". Blasting News. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- Peter Fjågesund. "Seljord og sjøormen". seljord.kommune.no. Archived from the original on March 19, 2007. Retrieved June 1, 2019.