Selsdon Wood Nature Reserve — eastern entrance and London Loop path.
|Area||200 acres (81 ha)|
|Owned by||The National Trust|
|Operated by||London Borough of Croydon|
|Status||Open all year|
Selsdon Wood is a woodland area located in the London Borough of Croydon. The park is owned by the National Trust but managed by the London Borough of Croydon. It is a Local Nature Reserve. The wood has a Friends group - the Friends of Selsdon Wood (FSW) - who have their own website.
Main entrance to the park is off Old Farleigh Road, served by bus stop Forestdale, Selsdon Nature Reserve on London Buses routes 353 and 409. The London Loop path (Section 4 West Wickham Common to Hamsey Green) runs through the park. The park is fully accessible at all times.
Selsdon Wood facilities include:
- Car park (One bay available for the disabled) at Old Farleigh Road entrance
- Public footpaths — including Section 4 of the London LOOP (London Outer Orbital Path); West Wickham Common to Hamsey Green section.
- Includes part of the Vanguard Way
- Toilets at Old Farleigh Road entrance (Closed)
- Woodlands and open meadows
- List of Parks and Open Spaces in Croydon
- "Selsdon Wood". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Map of Selsdon Wood". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Friends of Selsdon Wood". friendsofselsdonwood.co.uk.
- "The Sir Julian Huxley". jdwetherspoon.co.uk.
- For more information on this London Loop path visit Transport for London site 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Selsdon Wood.|