|Elevation||518 ft (158 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||443215|
Selvin was originally called Taylorsville, and under the latter name was laid out and platted in 1839 by George Taylor, and named for him. The post office in the community was first called Polk Patch. This post office was established in 1853, the name was changed to Selvin in 1881, and the post office closed in 1951.
Selvin is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Selvin, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- History of Warrick, Spencer, and Perry Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Goodspeed. 1885. p. 89.
- "Warrick County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
|This Warrick County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|