Semantic Web (journal)
|Discipline||Semantic web, linked data, ontology engineering|
|Edited by||Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz|
|ISO 4||Semant. Web|
Semantic Web - Interoperability, Usability, Applicability is a bimonthly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by IOS Press. It was established in 2010 and covers the foundations and applications of semantic web technologies and linked data. The journal uses an open peer-review process. The journal publishes its metadata online in the form of Linked Data and provides scientometrics such as the geographic distribution of authors, citation networks, trends in research topics over time, and so forth. The editors-in-chief are Pascal Hitzler (Kansas State University) and Krzysztof Janowicz (University of California, Santa Barbara).
The journal originally combined freely available author-versions of accepted papers with a subscription model and optional open access to published versions (green open access together with hybrid open access). In October 2019 the journal announced that it will go full (gold) open access and full open access was implemented 1 January 2020. Starting 29 April 2021, the journal implemented an Open Science Data policy that requires authors to publicly provide data and software relevant to their manuscript.
- "A new Semantic Web journal - with an open review process - Semantic Web Company". Semantic Web Company. 17 January 2010. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- Domingue, John; Fensel, Dieter; Hendler, James A., eds. (2011). Handbook of Semantic Web Technologies. Heidelberg: Springer Science+Business Media. p. 30. ISBN 9783540929130. OCLC 769756125.
- Janowicz, Krzysztof; Hitzler, Pascal (January 2012). "Open and transparent: the review process of the Semantic Web journal". Learned Publishing. 25 (1): 48–55. doi:10.1087/20120107.
- Hu, Y., Janowicz, K., McKenzie, G., Sengupta, K. and Hitzler, P., 2013, October. A linked-data-driven and semantically-enabled journal portal for scientometrics. In: International Semantic Web Conference (pp. 114-129). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- "Semantic Web: Editorial Board". Retrieved 6 December 2021.
- "Open Access: SWJ Going for Gold". Semantic Web journal. 28 October 2019. Retrieved 19 October 2019.
- Janowicz, Krzysztof; Hitzler, Pascal (January 2020). "Gold-Level Open Access at the Semantic Web Journal". Semantic Web. 11 (1): 1–2. doi:10.3233/SW-200389.
- "Roll-out of Open Science Data Website Update". Semantic Web journal. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 13 June 2021.
- Hitzler, Pascal; Janowicz, Krzysztof; Shimizu, Cogan; Zhou, Lu; Eells, Andrew (May 2021). "Open Science Data and the Semantic Web Journal". Semantic Web. 12 (3): 401–402. doi:10.3233/SW-210427. ISSN 1570-0844.
- "Semantic Web". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2019.