Semaphore Park, South Australia
|Population||4,225 (2011 census)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACST (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||13 km (8 mi) north-west of Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||City of Charles Sturt|
Semaphore Park is a suburb in the Australian state of South Australia located in the west of Adelaide on the coastline of Gulf St Vincent. The northern end of the suburb is considered to be located within the Lefevre Peninsula.
Semaphore Park originally started as a private sub-division in Section 64 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Yatala under the names of New Liverpool and Mellor Park. Portions were added to the suburb of West Lakes Shore in October 2002 and October 2004 while in July 2007, land was removed from Semaphore Park and the suburbs of Birkenhead, Ethelton and Glanville to “create the new suburb of New Port”.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Semaphore Park". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Postcode for Semaphore Park, South Australia". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "District of Lee Background Profile". Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Federal electoral division of Hindmarsh, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Summary (climate) statistics ADELAIDE AIRPORT (nearest station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Search result for "Semaphore Park (suburb)" (Record no. SA0062084) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Search result for "Lefevre Peninsula (PEN)" (Record no. SA0039060) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities", "Local Government Areas" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|