Headquarters of Semen Indonesia
|Traded as||IDX: SMGR|
|Hendi Prio Santoso (CE0), Sutiyoso (Commissioner)|
|Revenue||Rp 26.13 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 4.52 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 44.226 trillion (2016)|
Number of employees
PT Semen Indonesia (Persero) Tbk or Semen Indonesia, formerly known as the Semen Gresik Group, is an Indonesian building materials manufacturing company. . In shareholders' extraordinary meeting on December 20, 2012 the shareholders agreed to change name of PT Semen Gresik Tbk to PT Semen Indonesia Tbk to give a momentum for accelerating the company's growth in the future.It has become the largest cement company in Southeast Asia with a production capacity of 53 million tons of cement per year after acquiring PT Holcim Indonesia in November, 2018.
To secure supply and help lower its production costs, the company will set up a coal-trading firm in 2011 and further will seek possibility of coal mine acquisition. 30 percent of overall costs is coal consumption cost. PT. Semen Indonesia (Persero) Tbk acquired Thang Long Cement Vietnam officially January 2013. With the investment around Rp. 1,5 trillion, Semen Indonesia controls 70% of the Thang Long Cement shares. The company also have announced its plan to invest US$200 million worth cement plant in Myanmar that will be built early in 2014 as part of its expansion into the Southeast Asian market. In a bid to reduce logistics costs and bring it closer to its customers, PT Semen Indonesia is building a new packaging plant in Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan. The US$10.4m facility is due for completion by the end of 2013.
In May 30, 2011 fire gutted 2 of PT Semen IV machines in Bungoro, South Sulawesi and halted the production for 10 days with financial losses of about Rp.45 billion ($5.3 million). The plant, owned by PT Semen Gresik Group.
- "Semen Gresik Officially becomes Semen Indonesia". January 7, 2013.
- "Indonesia-Investments.com:Semen Indonesia company profile". March 25, 2014.
- "Semen Gresik change name into Semen Indonesia". December 20, 2012.
- "Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Semen Gresik Eyeing To Set Up Coal Trading Firm". September 6, 2011.
- "PT. Semen Indonesia controls 70% shares of Thang Long Cement Vietnam". September 6, 2011.
- "Semen Indonesia to build US$200m plant in Myanmar". globalcement.com. Global Cement. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "PT Semen Indonesia - October 2013". CemNet.com. International Cement Review. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-03. Retrieved 2015-08-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)